For those who currently have, or had, a 4 month old rat...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoA

How much do/did they weigh?

I'm just trying to figure out exactly how tiny Fyn is :p I need to weigh him again, but he's 4 months old and weighed in at only 215 grams! I've been in cahoots with Martin's about building a custom cage (*maniacally rubs hands together and cackles*), since I hold out NO hope he's going to grow any bigger. I've had him for a few weeks, and I swear he hasn't grown one tiny bit. His whole litter was really, really small - they practically looked like dwarves!

ETA: Wow - for the first time ever, I think I put a post in the wrong section!

I've got one such little guy. My Captain has not gained whatsoever. I swear Treat and Boo are almost bigger than he is. Captain was picked up at the same time as mamarat's Dewi and Jedi. All three seemed to be the same age. Well, Dewi and Jedi have grown, gotten bigger, but not Captain. He's in the FN, but I know if he truly wanted to, he could squeeze out. Thank god he's a chicken s....

My two girls weighed 200ish grams at 4 months and they topped out at 250 & 260 grams at 6 months of age. I have never had young males, mine were full grown when adopted.

If he only gains another 50 or 60 grams he would be on the small end for a FN (under 300 grams) but possibly do-able.

Don't male rats seem to fill out a ton more "sideways" than girls after they are done growing? :lol:

I had a small boy that continued to grow past one year. Jordan grew much larger than I ever expected he would. He eventually weighted 500 grams.

jorats said:
Lise said:
Don't male rats seem to fill out a ton more "sideways" than girls after they are done growing? :lol:

Not mine. :wink:
Listen, I know you are on a diet, but to make the ratties... LOL! Kidding. My old boys aren't expanding either, hehe.

You've got a little tiny boy, who I'll bet s a sweetie :kisses: My boys are 9 months now and the last time they were at the vets, they were 6 months old and Chimo my PEW weighed 414g which I thought was small :lol: Coal, my berk weighed probably 420 at the time, they are bigger now :D
I had heard so many stories of big, squishy boys that could weigh up to 800g and I was afraid that my guys were lacking in weight, I still think they seem small but those people who haven't seen them in awhile say that they are huge :shock:
Maybe rats are like people, you can have big people who are over 6 feet tall and little people who are under 5 feet :)

Back