Foods you feed rats with Teeth issues/no teeth

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16kacha

I usually feed my boy Infant soy formula mixed with oxbow and wheat baby cereal, but I would like other ideas on what I could use for him to give him some variety.

I would give mushed up blocks but also, mushed up any veggies like squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips, broccoli, cauliflower, kale.

Organic soy infant formula thickened with baby cereal; blocks soaked in cold water to make mush
supplement with:
- cooked and mashed sweet potato, baked & mashed squash, cooked and mashed vegs like carrots or cauliflower, a piece of ripe banana, homemade veg soup (no added salt etc) - you can put through a blender so vegs are easy to eat. kale, broccoli
baby food (or make your own by putting cooked veg in a blender)

My staple diet is lab block mush as they get all the nutrients in their diet in a form they can eat. With Oxbow use a coffee grinder to make it into powder. With other lab blocks. Soak in water. You'll need a lot of water. You can blend vegetable slurries with rice or oatmeal to give them added nutrients.

Already mushy fruits are good too, like blueberries, bananas, grapes, and ripe strawberries. Oatmeal, rice, and cooked sweet potatoes are always a hit with my babies. Good luck!

Back