Flour and water chew treats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jessica marie

HI guys!! so, when I was little, I would mix up flour and water to a play doh consistency then make "sculptures" and let it harden...I was thinking today, and I think it would be cool to do that for my boys, but mix some little treat pieces in so as the gnaw at it, they get little treats....would that be safe for them or screw up their digestion?

I used some flour and water to make a paper mache ghost shaped hut for my kids for Halloween, that way if they chewed it, it wouldn't be toxic. No one showed any interest in it however lol
Now, if I'd used corn starch instead....!
I got some of those packing peanuts once that are made with corn starch and my rats went nuts trying to eat those.
I was worried they'd choke so I took them away

Wow this sounds like an interesting idea! I agree using whole wheat, barley, or some other healthier flour that isn’t bleached would be best. I can’t wait to hear how this works out for you! I wonder if you could mix in little bits of nuts or dehydrated fruit?

20180430_170348.jpg
Well, my day off has been pretty productive, as far as my boys go anyway, lol...I built them a new box castle, refilled both their dig boxes and got the flour chews started....the balls have little pieces of veggie pasta mixed in, the rings have plain oats mixed in and the discs have some seeds from their mixed food in the dough...I also poked holes in the discs bc I'm gonna try to poke the pinata sticks I made into them to add even more chewing fun...I'll post later with the results :)

Attachments

• 20180430_170449.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 146
  • 20180430_170513.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 152
Back