Fleece Blankets

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly

If you guys have a dollar tree store in your area, they are now stocking up the baby section with 30 inch x 30 inch fleece blankets with Xmas designs!! I of course hit them up every week and buy 4 to 5 new blankies and today picked up 3 really cute blankies for the boys.

100_1686.jpg

I swear I have enough fleece here to make blankets for the town we live in lmao but ya cant beat it for a buck!!

I buy fleece by the yard from Wal Mart and some other local fabric stores , I buy these fleece baby blankets to stuff into their hideouts they just love to cuddle up in them!! Plus they are the perfect size to fold up and turn into corner hammocks :)

Has anyone noticed that the dollar tree fleece baby blankets are thinner than they used to be? I went to two dollar trees today for blankets and both places had a good color selection on the blankets, but they are thinner than they used to be. Its almost not worth buying anymore..... :(

They do seem alot thinner than in the past but for a buck i still think its worth it, especially since fleece is so much per yard! And being our boys potty all over it LOL

We just did a big trip to the Dollar Tree yesterday, and found lots of great fleece stuff. The blankets are a bit thinner, I was hoping for the ones they used to have, but they'll do. They are warm and soft, we tested them. ;) We also found VERY soft fleece scarves in many funky patterns and colors! We're going to cut some into strips for ropes (my girlfriend is into making fleece ropes for the ratties right now), make some into hammocks (I think a good 3-4 can be made per scarf), and some we'll cut into rattie-sized blankets. Also found fleece hats that will be perfect with some grommets. :)

We're actually applying for seasonal help... No discount (obviously), but first pick on everything that comes in. Sweet! :p

I'm scared to go to the dollar store :p I'll buy too much! I always go overboard when things are cheap since I never think they'll add up to much.

I just came back from groceries... I picked up 9 ribbed fleece throws, mostly black, one blue and 2 pink... I basically stole them at $1.84 each! :crazy2:
They are real pretty and 50 x 60. Sweet!
SoA... I'll take a pic of the pink ones, you'll love it. :nod:

eta pic:

fleece.jpg

Back