Flea is gone

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to give her prednisone instead of prednisolone. It worked the first time so keeping my fingers crossed. But I need to be realistic. Her breathing is slow and her heartbeat is faint. She's not moving and can barely lap up her Ensure. I don't think she's going to make it this time.
If this was indeed a PT, she started this mid Octocber, so that would mean that pred and dex gave her another 2.5 months of excellent quality of life. She was completely back to normal, climbing, eating, being the mischievous Flea she always was. To me, that is excellent news, I've gone through so many rats and PT. Now I know what to look for and will get them on the pred or dex asap.

Aww I am sorry to hear about your Flea slowing down like that, but 2.5 months?? Thats amazing! I was soo happy with Ariel's 5 weeks!

Soft cuddles for your wonderful little Flea who taught us all a lot with her trials and tribulations and her triumphs! :heart:

I had to force the pred in her, not sure if she swallowed though. She's not eating or drinking. She's very lethargic, not aware of her surroundings. :(

Mielle is taking care of her. She sleeps over her and keeps her clean.

I love those cuddle cups, it's the perfect bed to keep a sick rat in. I can pull it out and holding it on me and put it back in the cage without disturbing a sick rat. It also makes sure that Flea can't just crawl off slowly and fall off the shelves. Mielle seems to really love that cuddle cup too. Thanks Kat!!

Miellenurse_edited-1.jpg

Miellenurse2.jpg

Back