Finally A Successful Intro Night

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

On 9/28/07 I got a new baby, Willow (I thought she was hairless, but she is actually a dumbo double rex) and I tried to introduce her to my group of 6 big girls. Everyone ignored her except my youngest Rose, she attacked her leaving teeth marks on her back and rear. So I separated Rose from the group and let the other girls interaction with her. I tired to introduce Rose to her every night since then and the same reaction she attacks her, even in the tub with just the two of them.

So last night I felt bad for Willow being all alone, she had become very nippy in the past two days and just overwhelmed with nothing to do but chew and run in the wheel, so I went back and got one of her cage mates a really cute blue hooded girly. Willow was so happy she pounced on Sunflower(?) and groomed and loved all over her. So I decided to put the two of them in the tub with Rose and SUCCESS Rose was very polite to both of them letting them climb on her and even pin her down. Rose was even in heat last night so I thought for sure she would be even meaner than before. So I moved them from the tub to their free range area and Rose continued to be nice. So I will try that again tonight and probably through the weekend making sure Rose does not go back to her EVIL self :twisted: before introducing everyone to my new FN that gets in today. :bliss:

I think that once I get the new cage all set up and ready for the big girls and the babies(hardware mesh on the outside) that I will be able to put everyone together and get rid of my many cages that are connected and be able to clean out my rat room. It is awful boxes everywhere, I cleaning out the closet this weekend so I have some where to stash everything out of sight.

Yay! Good news! Sometimes you just have to step back and give them a few days and try again.
Adding everyone in a brand new cage all together is a good idea! This way Rose can't feel territorial, it will just seem like a new place to her.

Back