Fighting

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bronwyn said:
It's a great idea but this particular cage only has one door - a large one at the front that swings open. If they made some "in between" section which I thiiiiink they might do, I could definitely buy that.
The two cages is a good idea in case this happens again, I'm just unsure of how I'd make them fit together to make a single cage is all. :)
Anybody who messes with cages ought to have a dremel, or a cheap copy of one. You can get one with some attachments pretty cheap at Canadian Tire or wherever. You can cut a doorway, make a door from a piece of dicarded cage or coated wire stuff from walmart's shelving section and smooth off the cut edges in a short time. Both these cages only had top-openings (the ladders fold up and make the door with clips to hold them shut). And cable-ties will stick 2 cages together..
Cagedoor1.jpg

Cagedoor2.jpg

That's brilliant :) Actually I thought the top openings would be easier to work with, lol, for my sister's rats I stacked two 3 level hamster cages on top of each other using those clips. Cutting into the cage I never thought of!

And if you want to get fancy, you can order doors from martins cages. Their powder coated doors come with doorway liners, clips to attach the doors, and each door has one or more latches to hold it shut ... depending upon the size of the door. I have ordered several doors from them in the past. I think it was about $5 a door.

I was going to ask about doors! That's really neat. I'm really leaning towards just buying a really big cage to replace this one completely though. I might need to work some extra hours, lol, but they're totally worth it.

The girls are still getting along :D Warms my heart to see them curled up together again. They're still having dominance issues but it's under control, ie. no blood or biting that I can see. Brie peed all over Elphie last night though. And by all over I mean have of her was wet. o_O Gross.

Bronwyn said:
The girls are still getting along :D Warms my heart to see them curled up together again. They're still having dominance issues but it's under control, ie. no blood or biting that I can see. Brie peed all over Elphie last night though. And by all over I mean have of her was wet. o_O Gross.
:rofl3: That really is too funny. But it means she loooooves her. :lol3:

Back