Feb 2012: Ottawa area folks : wanna gather again ??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisK said:
I'm still up for it too! I'm just working out our family schedule the weekend Feb 11/12, and will post again shortly..

editing to update:
lol... best I can say for the weekend of Feb 11/12 is probably the Saturday 4pm is best for us, but I won't be sure until a day or two before.

However, it turns out that the weekend after that I can be more sure of -- Saturday the 18th. And 4pm that day will work for both me and for my husband, who's quite the rat loving guy as well.

How is Feb 18th for you all?

Again... if Feb 11 or 12 works better for everyone else, please go with it, and I'll get there if I can.
I'm ok for the 18th, how about all y'all? Or if the original Feb 12th at 4 pm works best, that's ok too. Did we decide on a Timmie's? How about one with a parking lot, that would be good. Hate looking for parking downtown.

ratmando said:
Did we decide on a Timmie's? How about one with a parking lot, that would be good. Hate looking for parking downtown.
We usually go to the one on Metcalfe and Slater, just because I think we found that it was the most central for everybody...is there another one in that area with a parking lot?

On weekends you can park for free in the World Exchange Plaza lot underground. It's just one or two short blocks from Tim's on Slater and Metcalfe.

ratmando said:
ChrisK said:
I'm still up for it too! I'm just working out our family schedule the weekend Feb 11/12, and will post again shortly..

editing to update:
lol... best I can say for the weekend of Feb 11/12 is probably the Saturday 4pm is best for us, but I won't be sure until a day or two before.

However, it turns out that the weekend after that I can be more sure of -- Saturday the 18th. And 4pm that day will work for both me and for my husband, who's quite the rat loving guy as well.

How is Feb 18th for you all?

Again... if Feb 11 or 12 works better for everyone else, please go with it, and I'll get there if I can.
I'm ok for the 18th, how about all y'all? Or if the original Feb 12th at 4 pm works best, that's ok too. Did we decide on a Timmie's? How about one with a parking lot, that would be good. Hate looking for parking downtown.

:thumbup: another reason hubby does not want to drive me he hates downtown lol But like said make a place where ever everyone feels best :thumbup: As always i may not even be able to get a ride :cry4:

No posts on this thread for a while... do we all still want to meet?

I understand the concern for the location.. maybe we could take account of where everyone who wants to come is traveling from, and then pick the most central location.. Even if it's downtown, we can maybe find a location with parking or easy street parking at least.. I'm downtown every day and wouldn't mind looking for an easier spot, if it turns out that downtown is best for everyone..

Yes, I'm still in! Is February 18 or 19 still good for everyone? I'm coming from the west end, Stittsville. Downtown is fine if everyone else wants to meet there, but let's try to choose a place with parking. It's always a huge pain to drive around and around looking for it. I'd rather go to the dentist. Seriously. This is me going around and around downtown :panic: I love these emoticons here, this one :gaah: is my favourite, makes me giggle every time, it's so perfect.

I was wondering this as well. Maybe we could just go to the World Exchange Plaza, rather then having people parking there then walking to Metcalfe and Slater. We could meet on the second floor in the food court.

Bamboo said:
I was wondering this as well. Maybe we could just go to the World Exchange Plaza, rather then having people parking there then walking to Metcalfe and Slater. We could meet on the second floor in the food court.

That's a good idea! There's lots of food options on the second floor, and lots of open seating, and then we'll be parked for free in the same place we're meeting.

Does that work for you too ratmando? everyone else?

Yes, that's a great idea! So let's meet on Feb.19th Sunday (free parking in World Exchange)...what time? Maybe 3 pm? I can imagine us nattering about ratties for two hours at the least :joy:

Hey hey! Just want to make absolutely sure that everyone who said they can come tomorrow, Feb. 19th, at 3 pm, meet at the foodcourt upstairs at the World Exchange, can make it. So far we have RKBusy, Bamboo, ChrisK and me. Are all of you still ok for tomorrow? I'll be driving RKBusy as she's coming to my house first. So, if no one shows up, it won't have been worth driving all the way downtown from Stittsville, since we're already together at my house. Just checkin'! :D

I'm such an idiot! :thud: I thought for some reason that today is the 18th of February. :emb: So, that means it's NEXT weekend that we're all meeting. Never mind. I haven't had a coffee yet this morning, so I'll blame it on that. Arrrgggh.

Yes! I'm in!

lilangel -- if last minute you find you CAN make it and just need a ride, I can offer you a ride both ways.. just pm me for contact info.

I think I'm going to miss you guys this time...I just got my schedule today and I have to work until 5 :gaah:

If anybody thinks they'll still be there around 5:30ish, I could come by (but don't wait up for me...I know it'll be getting late and dark by that time, so people will probably be wanting to get home)

Bamboo said:
I think I'm going to miss you guys this time...I just got my schedule today and I have to work until 5 :gaah:

If anybody thinks they'll still be there around 5:30ish, I could come by (but don't wait up for me...I know it'll be getting late and dark by that time, so people will probably be wanting to get home)

Oh, that's too bad! I was hoping to meet you! I don't know if we'll be around at 5:30, so far only 3 people are coming...hope to get more folks out!

Yeah, it sucks :( I forgot that it was the long weekend and apparently pretty much everyone else booked as much of it off as possible, so we're going to be really short (so I probably won't even be able to leave early :gaah: )

Bamboo said:
Yeah, it sucks :( I forgot that it was the long weekend and apparently pretty much everyone else booked as much of it off as possible, so we're going to be really short (so I probably won't even be able to leave early :gaah: )

I didn't know it was the long weekend! We'll see how many of us can attend, we could always have another one very soon too. Sorry you have to work AND be short staffed. :(

Back