Eye problem? Help please :-)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarmmss

My girl Sully is about 1 year and 7 months old and I just recently noticed one of her eyes was looking a little blue/white in the Center? I was thinking it could be a cataract, or maybe glaucoma, infection, or an injury? She seems to be acting normal otherwise, no change is energy, appetite or thirst that I’ve noticed anyway. Was hoping if anyone else has had a similar experience that they could share, or may know what this is... is it worth taking her to the vet asap? The first two photos are of her affected eye and the last photo is of her normal eye. Sorry they aren’t the best quality.

Thanks in advance for any info!
719AEF26-1E08-466E-A6FC-FD81C1ECD50A.png6B045B0D-DE29-4AFB-B9F9-DE405BEF60F0.png4466BEAB-FD47-484C-BE28-4EDB90980ECD.png

Looks like the start of a cataract to me but someone else with more experience may say otherwise... I've never dealt with them myself but I've seen other posts and it looks like the same thing to me~

Thank you!! :) That’s what I was hoping for over glaucoma or infection. She doesn’t seem to be in pain and I haven’t noticed any bulging of the eye or anything else worrisome. If it was due to an injury is it likely to stay in that eye only? Also is her vision likely gone in that eye now or just starting to go?

Back