Enjoying Spring in the Maritime fashion

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Sometimes it is nice to get outside in the fresh air and go snowshoeing with the dogs. Tonight was a perfect evening for such a venture.

image.jpg

Beautiful! I love snowshoeing, and I will actually miss the snow. It will all be gone in a week, with temps forecast to hit 13-14 degrees for the next week starting Saturday. Then it will be black fly season.

Spring finally hit here. We are on a tornado watch in this area though a storm the length of the states is hitting all of the states around here ;)

Tornado (they think F4) hit about 90 minutes ago in Rochelle, Il. That is approx. 80 miles from me, and 50 miles from the hubby's parents (they were hit by a tornado about 15 years ago). We have a friend on the Rochelle FD so we're all praying for their safety throughout the night.

It sure is beautiful but I'm so sick of the snow now. Ours should be all gone by tomorrow for us, we are having massive down pour of rain, in a warning actually for some flooding. I can't wait for summer and skip the in between. lol

We are at a very high risk of flooding if we got a lot of rain. The ground is saturated and we still have a lot of snow. I am hoping we continue with our slow melt. My downspouts on the front of the house have been ripped off by the snow and I can't fix them until more snow melts. :(

Are you guys getting these massive winds too? Everyday we are getting 30 kms/h gusting to 60 kms/h, it sure makes our hikes challenging at times.

Back