Echinacea

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly

Can anyone tell me more about Echinacea. If they use it, how it works, how to dose. Ive heard its a great immune booster and would like to try it with our boys just to keep their good health up :)

Is this ok to mix with some baby food to administer??

Also I just read to add 10 drops to their water....... Does it matter how much water?? I think we have a 32 oz water bottle :)

I give my guys a drop on a rice puff once in a while, they :heart: the taste of it for some reason, my Coal will lick off the echinacea and leave the rice puff :D I looked for you and I found this article :
http://ratguide.com/meds/herbals_health_supplements/echinacea.php

It seems very helpful just be careful of drug interactions and do not use on pregnant or lactating girlys, hope it helps :)

A long long time ago, I used to give my rats Echinacea but I didn't notice any benefits so I stopped it after several months.

I wouldn't put it in their water. Rats water should be pure and fresh.
If you do with Echinacea, make sure it's the one without alcohol. It needs to be given 10 days on and 20 days off, or something like that.

I got some tonite and added it to some baby food and it was a hit. All the boys really seemed to love the little treat.

Back