Easiest to clean?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's half the fun! See, you post your cage, and ask for suggestions, and then you get a whole thread of other people's cages and ideas. One stop shop!

Aww... I love all cages. Once I went shopping with lilspaz and she was looking at me like I was an alien, fawning all over the cages. She started calling me the cage ho. lol

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I love my new cage....It is a R-695 with a flip top.......I love the flip top....makes playing with the ratties so much easier.......and it is very easy to clean. SQ cut dish draining mats to fit the shelves and a piece vinyl flooring to fit the wire shelf in the middle...I just wipe it all out and put in clean beds....all done.
Picture100.jpg

Dahlas said:
Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I love my new cage....It is a R-695 with a flip top.......I love the flip top....makes playing with the ratties so much easier.......and it is very easy to clean. SQ cut dish draining mats to fit the shelves and a piece vinyl flooring to fit the wire shelf in the middle...I just wipe it all out and put in clean beds....all done.
Picture100.jpg

Great set up Dahlas! Are you new to the rat scene too? Lots of good ideas in there! Our R-695 is almost ready to go, (would one of you guys kindly give EarlGrey a poke to post some pictures, I already have, but I'm just her mother). Unfortunately, we weren't as forward thinking as you were and didn't opt for the flip top option. :( I'm already regretting that brain fart! Oh well, live and learn.

Well I have had ratties for over 10 years.....The first one...we didn't know anything about but we loved her dearly....The second two we started to learn more...they where rescues and over a year old......then I adopted 4 little babies from the local shelter...that is when my love became an obsession and I needed to learn more......my hubby built a big cage...and I started reading Debbie Ducommun health care book as these girls got older and needed health care...my vet was clearly uninformed about rats but willing to learn.
This litter of babies I have is my very first experience with infant rats or a pregnant momma. It has been a great experience. But compared to how much knowledge everyone on this forum has I feel very inexperienced....my cages have been homemade...my rats used to free range in the bathroom...now they have a homemade playpen. (But we do still do play sessions in the bathroom...a bit more room)
I am just learning about spaying and neutering rats.......and hope to get all my little Pipelets done in the future.
I am enjoying this forum very much..... :D

Back