DUO Rat Food

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Karma

Has anyone heard of DUO Rat and Mouse food? I have seen it at a couple of pet stores - the writing is all in different languages, even the ingredients, so i don't know if its a good one or not. A person at one store recommended it.

One thing i did manage to read is the protein: 18% too much?

Tara

Here ya go... but they don't list the actual ingredients here it seems:
http://www.versele-laga.com/Nutri/Nutri ... 5339&rac=0

Product presentation
Rat & Mouse Duo is a complete food for rats, mice and hamsters. It is a composition of natural grains. These hard pellets help to ensure healthy teeth.

Indicative nutrition values
Crude protein 18 %
Crude fat 3 %
Crude ash 7,5 %
Crude fibre 5,5 %
Calcium 1,1 %
Phosphorus 0,8 %
Sodium 0,2 %
Vitamin A 22.000 IU/kg
Vitamin D3 2.200 IU/kg
Vitamin E 100 mg/kg
Copper-cupric(II)sulfat 20 mg/kg

Yeah, I saw that after. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find anywhere that lists the ingredients. I'm checking out the French sites from France right now with no luck.

Alright, I got this translation from a Russian site:

Ingredients: plant products, cereals, vegetables, minerals and vitamins. Витамины (на 1 кг): Витамин А - 22000 ИЕ, Витамин ДЗ - 2200 ИЕ, Витамин Е - 100мг Vitamins (for 1 kg): Vitamin A-22000 IE, Vitamin DZ-2200 IE, Vitamin E-100 mg

Ингредиенты: продукты растительного происхождения, крупы, овощи, минералы, витамины.

I have seen the food only 2 places: Pet Paradise in Guelph and a store called Creature Comforts in St. Jacobs (Ontario).

I don't like how the ingredients are so vague....is that how they do it in Europe?

So what do you guys think? Ok food?

Tara

If I can't read the entire ingredients list, I'm not buying it. No way to know what they're putting into it, and what sort of preservatives they put in.

If you're looking for a store bought block, look for Mazuri 6F.

I wouldn't buy it either without knowing the full ingredient list.

I believe Mazuri 6F can only be bought at Ren's or other feed stores, not at a typical retail store.

There are feed stores all over, even around my area. It's a drive out, and it was cheaper for me to order it from the website, but it's worth a shot if she's having problems getting food.

Back