dumping over food

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the bowl is not sturdy, then yes. You should buy a bowl that attaches to the cage or one of the ceramic dog bowls. You can usually get those from a Dollar General or any place that sells dog bowl. Just make sure it is heavy enough that he cannot dump it, but it doesn't have to be huge.

I have stainless steel bird bowls that attach to the cage. I got them at Petco. Plus they come right out of the holder so they are easy to clean.

I have no problem with them dumping over their food as it is only pellets. They usually empty it out and stash it anyways, lol.

My girls run around so fast that they use their bowls to spring off of... often with the bowls ending up askew. But I'm with Melissa, it all gets stashed anyway.

I was cleaning out the girls cage yesterday and took out one of their straw hidey balls and pellets fell all over the place, ha.

To cheat the food dish dumpers in the past I have taken their plastic foodbowls and drilled 2 holes thru the top/side and then I feed a twist tie thru to fasten to the cage bars. :nyahnyah:

Now I use heavy dog dish bowls from the dollar store for their food and water (mine also devour plastic waterbottles as well). :roll:

Back