Does anyone have experience with this Snuggle Puppy thing?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHermit

I came across a thread on social media where two cats, littermates, were separated when one was adopted from a pet store without the other. The one left behind was in distress so an employee wrote off a Snuggle Puppy and put it in his enclosure, and it worked for the lonely feline. The toy has a heartbeat and a warmer (which is a one-time use, disposable heat pack :/ )

I'm considering getting one for Danzig's cage. As of this morning, he is completely alone (Leopold passed away sometime last night... not unexpected, but still hurts) and although he absolutely hated the other rats after his brother passed away (him and Leopold had separate cages), I still feel like he should have someone/something to snuggle with.

He's not approachable outside of his cage still but he's very cuddly inside his cage (not sure how that works, but OK, little dude). I'll sit with him until my legs fall asleep. He'll snuggle up to my hand and enjoy pets, especially back scratches - right between the shoulders where he can't reach. But I got another job and am working 7 days a week now. I'm out of the house 12 hours a day with this new job, so I think having something lifelike to snuggle with while I'm gone would benefit him? Or he might try to kill it, who knows.

Here's the thing: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000C9YHFS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Has anyone tried this thing before? Or what do you think?

Is he neutered?
Because most male aggression is hormonal

Never used that but when I put a small stuffed animal in with a single rattie, it was chewed etc
It would be dangerous if he chewed a toy with batteries, small parts, wires etc

you may want to try a small stuffed animal with no small parts or stuffing that could harm him if swallowed

and you might want to get a spayed girl or a couple of young ratties, to intro once he is neutered and his hormone levels drop

Is he neutered?
Because most male aggression is hormonal

Never used that but when I put a small stuffed animal in with a single rattie, it was chewed etc
It would be dangerous if he chewed a toy with batteries, small parts, wires etc

you may want to try a small stuffed animal with no small parts or stuffing that could harm him if swallowed

and you might want to get a spayed girl or a couple of young ratties, to intro once he is neutered and his hormone levels drop

I'm taking a break from rats once he passes, so no plans to adopt any more in the near future. He's also about 30 months old, now, and was never ever aggressive until his brother died. I guess that could still be hormonal? Or psychological? Now that there are no other rats, he's been chill all day, just indifferent towards me when he's out n about.

He's not an avid fabric chewer. He much prefers wood and has single-handedly maimed my desk, side-table and bookshelves... and the base boarding and door frame.

You're absolutely right about the battery compartment though, I wouldn't want him chewing that while I'm at work :(

Back