Just heard my 1st shriek.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatsDrawBlood

Just heard my 1st shriek.
Then heard a 2nd shriek.
Came in & rat who'd been poking around at where the coroplast meets the floor had stopped trying to get through it & was instead leaving the area, then coming back but now looked at it like she was scared to go back to what she'd been doing, all the while taking breaks to nurse her right front paw.
Panels were taped on the outside, to each other and the walls. I'll tape them to the floor now.
I don't know is that blue masking tape rat safe? If not, then when I tape all on the inside tomorrow, I'll use clear packing tape, so they can be let out again.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine have done that but then they realized not to try to go under the coroplast. I've never had to tape it to the floor but I have used all kinds of tapes around the rats with no ill effect.

Yeah exactly what she seemed to realize too. But didn't want to risk a more serious injury when younger rat grows old enough to have her turn at learning the lesson, so I taped it to the floor on the outside. Good to know that if that makes it too hard to move around, it's probably fine without that, or that if I need to tape where they can get to it, probably fine too. I'd still use this hierarchy of which I've more often heard is safe.

Taping it down is a good idea.
Someone just told me people who have carpeting instead of floors, can wrap a strip of tape lengthwise around the bottom edge of the panels. Clear packing tape would be especially nice-n-slippery to not hurt the paw that's stuck under it.

Back