Do you think this is an abscess?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fal23

This is Oreo, he's a little over 6 months old. He was taken in to the vet for an infected bite on his testis. I have put polysporin on the infected area and cleaned it, and he is currently on antibiotics (6 days now) and a painkiller. He is showing no apparent signs of pain and he doesnt act much differently. He is eating normally, sleeping normally, and seems to have normal energy levels. Whatever the mass is, i believe its giving him problems pooping. He
is drinking plenty of water
He is bleeding from his anus. The vet suggested neutering him tomorrow morning. We can afford to neuter him, but cant afford the xrays (we already spent $125 on the medications, neutering him is $150 and xrays would be the same price).
20200909_212328_01_saved.jpg
20200908_152054.jpg
20200909_214657.jpg
20200909_214706.jpg
20200909_214644.jpg

I took him to the vet, and it turned out to be a poop filled sac, which she drained. Just letting anyone know incase they come across a similar problem :) He should be okay, hopefully he heals well

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious but let's go back to the bite. Is Oreo in with other intact males? A bite to the abdomen or testicles is a very serious matter. Those are bites meant to maim or kill so you might want to pull him out from that group or figure out who the aggressor is and get them neutered

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious but let's go back to the bite. Is Oreo in with other intact males? A bite to the abdomen or testicles is a very serious matter. Those are bites meant to maim or kill so you might want to pull him out from that group or figure out who the aggressor is and get them neutered
Its just the two brothers, they rarely fight, and have gotten along good since, but yes I think that would be a good idea just in case it were to happen again. Poor baby :(

I wonder if this is why my rat Brother's testicles could have been swollen. He died about a week after the swelling was evident. I've never heard of this, and didn't know it could be a thing.....

Back