Do rats like metal music ?!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madinaholic

I was listening to music yesterday and went over to say hi to my girls and my baby Pickle was dozing and boggling in their hammock. As soon as the song finished she stopped boggling and went straight to sleep so I think she just really liked the song!

It surprised me because I wouldn’t have thought rats would enjoy heavier music because their ears are so sensitive, but seems like I have a little furry metal head !

Has anyone else noticed which songs/genres their rats like to listen to?

Attachments

• IMG_3659.MOV
    20.2 MB
That is really awesome! My rats have never shown any signs of liking music. I'd love it if they did. Me and my daughter used to sometimes play 80s hits on our phones during free play time, and the rats would typically just run around and act weird, but one time we got footage of my girl Ginger bobbing her head to the Queen sample from Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby."

All twelve of my rats (past and present) have been exposed to heavy metal music, and all have liked it to varying degrees! So far, all of my rats have enjoyed songs by Disturbed, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Scorpions. (One was a massive Judas Priest fan! His favorite album was Turbo, but his favorite song was "Redeemer Of Souls.")
My first rat bathed himself to the beat of "One" by Metallica, starting from the bridge and ending roughly twenty seconds before the song ended. In another instance, he moved his head to the lyrics of "Don't Treat Me Bad" by Firehouse as though singing it. The rest of the time, he mostly drank from his water bottle to the lyrics of songs he liked (including "We Rock" by Dio).
They also enjoy songs from other genres from time to time. For example, Meisha likes "Two Black Cadillacs" by Carrie Underwood and has boggled while listening to "Shadow Of The Moon" by Blackmore's Night and "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. (Iris enjoyed the latter two, as well. She didn't show much of a reaction to "Two Black Cadillacs," however.) I've had a few rats (mostly girls) who enjoyed Shania Twain. 3 Doors Down and Rush seem to be big hits amongst the chaos potatoes, as well.
One song I have not tried with Meisha and Iris yet that the rest of my rats enjoyed is "Come Out And Play" by The Offspring. I've seen two of my previous girl rats move their heads with the second riff at the beginning of the song.

I lost my little metalhead baby last summer, but my current mischief seem to be partial to a bit of Enrique Iglesias – so just a bit of a vibe change 😅 they often nose out their beds at me if I start singing throughout the day (which can be any song I have in my head at that time), I'll have to pay more attention to which songs it is that gets their attention

I lost my little metalhead baby last summer, but my current mischief seem to be partial to a bit of Enrique Iglesias – so just a bit of a vibe change 😅 they often nose out their beds at me if I start singing throughout the day (which can be any song I have in my head at that time), I'll have to pay more attention to which songs it is that gets their attention
Awe, sorry for the loss of your rat, I hope you're okay. <33
They sometimes look in my direction if I sing random lyrics to 3DG songs, which I think is pretty cute.

All twelve of my rats (past and present) have been exposed to heavy metal music, and all have liked it to varying degrees! So far, all of my rats have enjoyed songs by Disturbed, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Scorpions. (One was a massive Judas Priest fan! His favorite album was Turbo, but his favorite song was "Redeemer Of Souls.")
My first rat bathed himself to the beat of "One" by Metallica, starting from the bridge and ending roughly twenty seconds before the song ended. In another instance, he moved his head to the lyrics of "Don't Treat Me Bad" by Firehouse as though singing it. The rest of the time, he mostly drank from his water bottle to the lyrics of songs he liked (including "We Rock" by Dio).
They also enjoy songs from other genres from time to time. For example, Meisha likes "Two Black Cadillacs" by Carrie Underwood and has boggled while listening to "Shadow Of The Moon" by Blackmore's Night and "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. (Iris enjoyed the latter two, as well. She didn't show much of a reaction to "Two Black Cadillacs," however.) I've had a few rats (mostly girls) who enjoyed Shania Twain. 3 Doors Down and Rush seem to be big hits amongst the chaos potatoes, as well.
One song I have not tried with Meisha and Iris yet that the rest of my rats enjoyed is "Come Out And Play" by The Offspring. I've seen two of my previous girl rats move their heads with the second riff at the beginning of the song.
I'll try the Offspring with them, maybe give them some Cheerios to associate it with a positive thing, since I really like The Offspring. I hope Metallica works!

Back