Depression??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched those today, very interesting. and infuriating to discover so many ppl are taking useless pills that are quite expensive.

I have been on anti depressants for decades now and keep trying to go off them, only to have the depression come back with just a small dose decrease
It's very discouraging but I've got bipolar disorder and my depressions are life threatening, never mild or even moderate, so I guess I'll just stay on the meds, but adding exercise would be a big help. ;-)

yeh those lights are supposed to make a big difference. I started taking large doses of vit D3 and have seen a huge improvement with that, so I bet I was deficient before
I rarely go outside, so it's pretty likely. hardly get much sunlight at all

I went back to edit my earlier posts with info but this site will not allow that so .....

Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work?
..... Analyses of the published data and the unpublished data that were hidden by drug companies reveals that most (if not all) of the benefits of antidepressants are due to the placebo effect .... there is a strong therapeutic response to antidepressant medication; it’s just that the response to placebo is almost as strong .............
(antidepressant medication) may make people more likely to become depressed in the future .....
Antidepressants may not work better than placebo for mild and moderate depression, but for very severe depression, the drugs do beat out sugar pills.
But given all the side effects, including possible brain damage and suicide, they are not worth it imo

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/

Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression
.... exercise is comparable to antidepressant medication in the treatment of patients with major depressive disorder. Putting all the best studies together, they indicate that exercise, at least, has a moderate antidepressant effect, and at best, exercise has a large effect on reductions in depression symptoms and could be categorized as a very useful and powerful intervention....

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exe...ail&utm_term=0_40f9e497d1-441b199d6a-23231973

anyway, watch the video,s (read the transcripts, check out the links to the research articles)
.... exercise (& whole food, plant based diet) makes a huge difference

Last edited:
Antioxidants and Depression

Diet also helps with depression ...... eating a variety of fruit and vegs helps relieve symptoms

... Higher consumption of fruits and vegetables has been found to lead to a lower risk of developing depression ....
In a study of thousands of middle-aged office workers, eating lots of processed food was found to be a risk factor for at least mild to moderate depression five years later, whereas a whole food pattern was found to be protective. Yes, it could be because of the high content of antioxidants in fruits and vegetables but could also be the folate in greens and beans, as some studies have suggested an increased risk of depression in folks who may not have been getting enough. ......
.... The vitamin C, but not placebo group experienced a decrease in depression scores ......

anyway, watch the video, (read the transcript, check out the links to the research articles)
.... A whole food, plant based diet (& exercise) make a huge difference

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidants-and-depression/

Last edited:
Back