Dealing With a Husband...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put rat laundry in a plastic bag but leaving the top open so it can breathe, and I set it on the balcony. I have two sets of towels so when I go through the second set I do a wash (more cost-efficient since wash+dry=$4). I haven't had smell complaints from anyone though so perhaps it's the individual.

Good Karma said:
Hi All,
I didn't know where to post this.
First off: Smell: how do those of you with many rats keep the smell down?
I limit my house partners to ratties and not men. That seems to do it.

Hahaha- Fidget! I like that line.
Actually my fiancee came to my place for the weekend, and when he came in he was like "I can smell the rats!". I was concerned and asked if it was really bad and strong smelling, and he was like "no, it's not a bad smell or anything... I kind of like it."

He's a keeper.
:lol:

yes, hold onto guys who like the smell of rats for sure!

Just a quick update: I bought a honeywell air purifier i it is working really well! Hubby even said it smelled better in the rat room! Horray!

And it really helps cut down on the smell?

I have candle warmers that are on constantly but they don't always help. When it is rainy out the whole house smells like wet dog. I have 5 of them so you can only imagine the smell.

Melissa's ZOO said:
And it really helps cut down on the smell?

I have candle warmers that are on constantly but they don't always help. When it is rainy out the whole house smells like wet dog. I have 5 of them so you can only imagine the smell.

I can't deal with candlewarmers in my place, asthma on my part. I got my parents to get us a hepa filter last year for christmas and it has worked GREAT. It has a prefilter that gets changed about every 6 months and then the main hepa filter about once a year or a little more so. The prefilter cost me about $30 and the main hepa runs around $50 I think.

Here's a link we have the tower one, think it is listed here for $174

http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.co ... fiers.html

I thought carefresh was the best thing ever.. until I tried yesterday's news. It keeps the smell down so well.

And I have a superpet cage, and I put fabric on the shelves (secured in place with safety pins). I tried doing wipedowns for about two days, instead of fabric on the shelves and I wanted to shoot myself, it always seemed dirty!!

Back