Creative cage accessories - pls share with pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Hey all:
There are gorgeous custom hammocks, furniture, etc. out there (drool) - and we need to support the rescues that use them to fund-raise.
(Gonna be placing some orders myself pretty soon.)
But, I think there's also a place for fun and creative "recycling".
My hubby has a lot of fun coming up with new ideas. And when we go "value villaging and garage saling", we are always on the lookout.
So, I thought it would be fun to start a thread with some of these ideas.
If this has already been done, please let me know and we'll latch onto and continue the old one.
Anyway, here to start things off:

Ozzy, enjoying the Folger's coffee tin and plastic ties.

Our sweet Susie Cute at the "coffee house". She's a beatnik :)

Sammy, Himi boy in the Fisher Price barn. He OWNS this - lol. Cost us $3 (Cdn.) at V.V.

Big 'n squishy Marley, Sammy's brother, in the wall basket. Plastic ties to hold it in place (they are so cheap).

Duncan, black hoody, sees me coming and exits his wall basket. We keep seeing these at Value Village - not even sure what they are normally used for - lol - but they make great rat cage accessories. Hmm, 99 cents, worth it, eh?

Couldn't resist my sleepy Orion (alias "hamsterface") in his favourite baby-blanket hammock. My :heart: boy. My friend sewed a bunch of flannel hammocks for me. Fabric was purchased at second-hand stores for 99 cents to 1.99.

And lastly, here is the top level of our CN with some of the accessories visible - some I hadn't mentioned yet, too, like the Pringles tube and the Dollarama stacking bin for a rattie couch :). 4 boys live here - Ozzy, Cooper, Smokey and Bongo. They are very happy, cuddly boys - especially when we add a new toy - lol.

Would love to see other rat-overs' ideas. Enjoying the long weekend - :) and all my babies :heart: :heart:
Jo-Anne

Those are great!
My fav thing is the bag holder from IKEA... and it's also my rat's fav thing in the cage.

Jackonhisback_edited-1.jpg

jorats said:
Those are great!
My fav thing is the bag holder from IKEA... and it's also my rat's fav thing in the cage.

Jackonhisback_edited-1.jpg

I had never even though about using the Ikea bag holders like that.... Must go back to Ikea and spend a fortune.. I mean get us a couple of those.
Thanks Jo.

We have one that we found abandoned in our alley during move-out week(we live in a University Housing neighborhood... those crazy college kids throw out EVERYTHING) of course, ours has several doors where they don't have them when you buy them... Our boys think they make the best confetti EVER. =)

Back