could this substitute lab block?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravveth

17 and mother of two
I've started thinking about having rats again, but I live in Europe now and rat care is vastly different here, it's especially behind when it comes to diet (most care pages recommend sunflower seeds and corn as a daily part of their diet!) I've searched the web for something that's similar to lab block and did manage to find one thing, but I was hoping a more experienced ratkeeper could take a look at it and let me know if it seems like it could work?

I obviously plan to enrich with vegetables and fruits but I'm also a university student so making my own food would be a last resort, since it's time consuming. If it makes a difference, they will be females this time :)

Here is the food I found:
http://allegro.pl/beaphar-care-rat-karma-premium-dla-szczura-1-5kg-i7234562798.html#thumb/2

If the protein levels are around 14% and the fat levels are 5% then I'd say it's good and yes, definitely supplement with vegetables. You could even give oats and whole grains too.

Back