corn?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_ratowner

I have read that rats are able to eat corn whether it be canned, on the cob, or frozen. I have fed my rats corn in the past but ran out so I bought more when I went to the store. They only had peaches and cream so I got that without any prior research to see if they could eat it, stupidly. I normally give them “regular” f/t corn.

Can rats eat peaches and cream corn?

I gave it to them this morning and when I tried to research if they could eat it, all that came up was saying that they can indeed eat peaches as long as you remove the pit but that isn’t what I was looking for. If anyone can tell me the answer, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

hahah peaches and cream corn is called that because of the yellow and white mix of kernels plus its very sweet but its still just corn. Its fine, I bet they loved it.

I also gave my rats raw corn on the cob with husk removed...they LOVED it and would screech and play tug of war with it.

hahah peaches and cream corn is called that because of the yellow and white mix of kernels plus its very sweet but its still just corn. Its fine, I bet they loved it.

I also gave my rats raw corn on the cob with husk removed...they LOVED it and would screech and play tug of war with it.

Thank you, I just wasn’t sure. My boys absolutely love corn and peas.

I give my rats cooked corn on the cob
But I make sure it is organic (or nonGMO would likely be ok too) because GMO corn has toxins to kill pests such as mice and rats

Last edited:
Oh good lord! If I give mine corn on the cob (rare treat) they will tumble to the bottom of their cage wrestling for it! I cut frozen ones into small 2 inch sections, and gave it to them for Easter! They will eat every last piece, and leave me the cob to clean out! LOL as far as peas, my rats, who HATE water, will happily play in it, and dive for frozen peas!

Back