Cooling box?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashlynn

Hey guys, so where I leave it's pretty warm out and I don't have my air conditioner in yet.

My rats have a cardboard box that they really like to sleep in so I took a reusable ice pack from the freezer and put a sock over it.

So I put it in the box to make a type of cooling box of some sort. Have you guys done something like this? Does it help?

Oh, also I am letting them pea fish as well to help cool off. They have a chilled water bottle as well.

It's much safer to freeze a floor tile (you can get really cheap ones at any hardware store that sells tile). They will chew the sock, and eventually chew through the ice pack. You can also freeze fruits like melon, grapes, and some fresh veggies. Mine also like ice cubes. They go crazy over them!

Thank you. I ended up getting them a few tiles a few days ago. That and I let them fish for frozen veggies and fruits about every other day. I might try to give them some ice cubes as well.

Back