cold feet?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this could totally be paranoia talking bc i haven’t slept in 24 hours but my rats feet are really cold? i keep it in the 60s in my dorm room and my rats sleep on a cushion in a plastic house but don’t have anything covering them. they’re not lethargic or anything. i can tell how cold their feet are bc they're running up and down my legs under the covers (as they always do) anyway i’m a new rat owner and i was just wondering if cold feet are the norm?

It sounds like you keep your dorm colder than most people hence the cold feet, but extremities is where heat escapes so colder feet especially in this case would be the norm. Give your rats some paper towel to nest in for their house and the next time you pull them out from their house their feet should be toasty warm :)

It sounds like you keep your dorm colder than most people hence the cold feet, but extremities is where heat escapes so colder feet especially in this case would be the norm. Give your rats some paper towel to nest in for their house and the next time you pull them out from their house their feet should be toasty warm :)
okay that’s good. i feel pretty okay since they’re not shivering ever or huddled up outside of times naps. i gave them so scraps of paper and paper towel and they’ve been having fun arranging it so hopefully they’re more comfy :)

Back