CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not a critter nation but it's the top half of our hybrid..bottom half is a critter nation :) this harry and Hercules's cage :)

IMG_20151106_201027.jpg

Reme and Luna are now set up in their new cage :) trying to do Christmas theme and gotta go tomorrow and get them a wheel and igloo and more fun stuff!

IMG_20151221_234547.jpg

So this is my current set-up :D I love the DCN so much more without the big middle shelf, it makes it so much more open and cohesive. I like having multiple shelves too, for them to climb on and explore. The smaller ledge-like shelves are made from small roasting racks purchased at my local kitchen supply store, and the corner shelves are home made :)

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

How did you make the little shelves?

I just did a video about the smaller shelves :) I'll be making a tutorial on who to make the corner shelves next, probably in a few days.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWLwf15bVQ[/ame]

I see the ladder extension, but how/where did you binder clip it?

Here's a few pictures for you to show how I binder clip the ramps on to make them little shelves. The lip of the pan WILL stick up, but it doesn't really bother me, or my rats. :)

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Gotcha I need to do something like this for Stewart's acrobatic harem. Those girls need stuff everywhere to catch them

Last edited:
My girls cage.. Love this fleece! Hoping to get more soon

Would you recommend one of those metal base pans? I looked into getting one from Base Equipment Company, but it cost $63 (that's including shipping), and since I've got new boys coming home soon I've been primping and stocking up for them. That $63 is quite a bit of money for me right now; would you say it's worth it?

If you have chewers than yes it is worth it! $63 is about what I pay for 2 pans! Wonder why it cost so much for you..

If you have chewers than yes it is worth it! $63 is about what I pay for 2 pans! Wonder why it cost so much for you..

I don't know why it cost so much either, ugh. I don't have chewers; my main concern was how cruddy the little nooks and crannies of my CN would get when I had my girls. It was manageable with regular cleaning, but it took longer than I felt it should've. I figured a pan would really help with the issue. Maybe it was because they never took to litter training (they were messy girls all their lives lol), but I'm bringing some new boys home and don't want to have to deal with the same problem. The price made me second-guess it, and now I think I'm going to wait if it's an issue with them. Hopefully they'll have an easier time with litter training!

Hello,

my new cage is not a CN, I hope it is still ok to show it here. It is 47 by 32 Inches and 68 Inches high and a converted bird cage. It currently houses 4 rats.

rn2kxypy.jpg

3qwrj22y.jpg

Kind Regards

RainbowRicarda

Back