• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

close out on all soaps~ see last post

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote only for those you'd like to purchase please!

• Orange Ginger

• Double Mint

• Bamboo and Green Tea

• Blue Lilac

• Twice Spiced (blend of anise and clove)

• Tropical Vacation (coconut/mango etc)

• White Tea and Thyme

• Breakfast Bars (maple/oatmeal/coffee)

• Citrus Sunrise (lemony top notes)

• Sparkling Pink Grapefruit (w/other citrus)

• Honeysuckle

• Sweet Bay and Rose

• Lavender

• Rosemary blend

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK apparently you can only post one poll per thread so I'll make a new thread for the poll of the scents you might like to TRY/SAMPLE

:thumbup:

Those are awesome looking. I love how that double mint one looks. The girls will thank you for no tumors :) Let me know what I can do to help or any supplies I can help out if you need it.

I don't use bar soap but I would be more then happy to get word around once you have things fro sale : ) I know soem peopel who might like fancy soaps

jorats said:
All my hand washing soaps are in bottles, are you able to make those? Liquid type soaps with those fragrances?

well I used to buy a liquid goat's milk base that could be mixed with fragrances but I don't get that any more (in fact the company stopped carrying it)

I haven't found a liquid base that does not have SLS or other detergents. If you can find an affordable one, I'd be happy to offer liquid soaps (bath and body wash, hand soaps etc)
there's liquid castille soap but in my experience it has a strong off putting odor on its' own and needed a lot of fragrance added, and even then, the scent of the liquid itself, when blending with the added fragrance, was very unpredictable,
some blends were ok, others were really bad. So I am leery of using that again. It could have just been a bad batch/bad company I don't know.

there are plenty of soap bases that use SLS but that is one of the things that most people are sensitive too. It's a very harsh chemical. it's also the thing that makes soap bubble, so some formulas have a LOT of SLS in it :(

smilez_n_hugs said:
I am interested however I'm not going to vote until I see the ingredients so I don't throw your count off. They look great btw!

Here's the ingredients for the white glycerin:
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener used in opaque soaps)

For the clear glycerin:
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier)

jorats said:
Wow, I didn't know there were harsh chemicals in soap. Maybe it's time I go back to bar soaps specially knowing these are vegan!

I picked up a bottle of hand soap at vegfest that is very natural blablabla so I'll try to remember to post what is in it.

Whatever scent you ultimately decide, count me in for a batch of cat-shaped soaps! Many of my co-workers are owned by cats (hehe) and my mother-in-law too.

jorats said:
Wow, I didn't know there were harsh chemicals in soap. Maybe it's time I go back to bar soaps specially knowing these are vegan!

I seen somewhere that fabric softner is the worst for deadly chemicals. They are in everything anymore.

Ok let's get this party started :dance: :dance: :dance:
[glow=red:2gn32ezw]I know this is a long post but please read thru the whole thing before you respond, ok? I've thrown my back out and can only sit for short periods of time, so please before you ask a question, see if maybe the answer is in the post :wink:[/glow:2gn32ezw]
I have the following "premade bars"
[highlight=#ff8000:2gn32ezw]Orange ginger[/highlight:2gn32ezw]EO (essential oils) scented cats, paws and rectangles (these are orange colored)
[highlight=#80ff00:2gn32ezw]Double Mint[/highlight:2gn32ezw]EO scented (peppermint and spearmint) rectangles and one paw print (these are two tone green colored)
[highlight=#ffbfbf:2gn32ezw]Bamboo and green tea[/highlight:2gn32ezw]FO (fragrance oil) cats, pawprints and rectangles (these are tan colored)
[highlight=#ffffff:2gn32ezw]White tea and thyme[/highlight:2gn32ezw]FO scented cats, paws and rectangles (these are white)
PRICES:
Cat shaped bars are $4
large rectangular bars are $5
Medium rectangular bars are $4 (same as above only slightly thinner)
Round paw print bars are 1 for $2; or 2 for $4; or 3 for $5, and 4 for $6
Samples, when I have them, are 50 cents each- I will let you know if there are any samples and what scents there are. These will be slices of soap or in some cases a paw print soap cut into thirds so you can try out a scent to see if you like it.
I forgot to mention I am making about 10
soap and bath/shower pouf mini cupcakes. $4 each
These are small yellow bath/shower poufs in a cupcake shaped mold of soap- they'll probably all be citrus scented as that is the favorite, or half citrus, half another scent.
AND I am making cellophane bags of scented soothing bath salts/foot soak approx wt 10 oz (with epsom salts and celtic sea salt with your choice of scent; I also have peppermint leaves I add for anyone who wants there's with peppermint :cheeky: Tea tree and peppermint and rosemary make a great soothing and refreshing foot soak) $3 each, can make at least 10 of these.
AND a limited number of 2 oz jars of gentle face and baby cream
$4 each
and a limited number of 8 oz pump bottles of satin and silk lotion (scented with your choice of fragrance) $8 each
If you want the ingredients list for these please let me know!

L-R jar of cream, foot soak, lotion pump by catnapt, on Flickr

Napping cat and paw prints by catnapt, on Flickr

Orange Ginger by catnapt, on Flickr

Double mint by catnapt, on Flickr

For US orders, I'm shipping in medium flat rate boxes which are $12.35 - quite a bit will fit in these boxes, I don't anticipate any orders exceeding this size but if they do, I'll use the flat rate large boxes or if it's more economical, a box of my own.
Small orders of 3 soaps or less (4 paw prints will fit in the small flat rate box, or 3 cats or 3 rectangles. Shipping for small flat rate boxes is $5.80 Several samples can fit in with the soaps as well.

For Canada these will have to be weighed and the shipping estimated.

[glow=red:2gn32ezw]THE BEST WAY TO ORDER PREMADES OR TO MAKE A CUSTOM ORDER IS TO POST HERE.[/glow:2gn32ezw]
Things can get very confusing in PMs :lol:
I will be taking all other (non RS) orders via email. Please do not send any payments til your order has been verified and I know if what you want is available or if there's enough supplies to fill any custom orders
please note: THERE MUST BE AN ORDER OF AT LEAST 3 SOAPS PER SCENT FOR CUSTOM ORDERS TO BE MADE UP.
what this means is that you need to order 3 full size bars (3 paw prints=1 full size bar) in the same scent OR you need to wait til there are a total of at least 3 bars ordered in that same scent, before the soaps can be made.
There really is no other way to do this without wasting a LOT of materials and it would be extremely time consuming as well. Thank you for your understanding
these are the scent choices for custom orders.
Orange Ginger
Double Mint
Bamboo and Green Tea
Blue Lilac
Twice Spiced (blend of anise and clove)
Tropical Vacation (coconut/mango etc)
White Tea and Thyme
Breakfast Bars (maple/oatmeal/coffee)
Citrus Sunrise (lemony top notes)
Sparkling Pink Grapefruit (w/other citrus)
Sweet Bay and Rose
Lavender

I have sensitive skin and can generally only use products like Aveeno, or things that are hypo-allergenic. Because the soaps are vegan, do you recommend them to people with easily irritated skin?

GrayLightNewDay said:
I have sensitive skin and can generally only use products like Aveeno, or things that are hypo-allergenic. Because the soaps are vegan, do you recommend them to people with easily irritated skin?

well Everyone's skin is different. I have extremely sensitive skin, which is the main reason I started making this soap to begin with.

One of my recent customers wrote:
"I keep meaning to tell you - I LOVE the soap! I have really super sensitive skin - and a lot of things can give me a rash. Your soap ROCKS! Smells awesome, works awesome!
I'm even using the paw print one to wash my face - and I love it!
Sooooooooooooooo just to let you know I am THRILLED with it!"

If you'd like I could send you a sample for 50 cents plus shipping (shipping wouldn't be much because it would only be a few ounces)

It's okay, I don't need samples. I'll just buy some and if it bothers my skin (which it sounds like it wont), I can give the rest to my mum or roommate. It's for a good cause, so I don't mind spending the money on it. :wink2:

Petunia said:

I have the following "premade bars"
[highlight=#ff8000:1kfcfd7b]Orange ginger[/highlight:1kfcfd7b]EO (essential oils) scented cats, paws and rectangles (these are orange colored)
[highlight=#80ff00:1kfcfd7b]Double Mint[/highlight:1kfcfd7b]EO scented (peppermint and spearmint) rectangles and one paw print (these are two tone green colored)
[highlight=#ffbfbf:1kfcfd7b]Bamboo and green tea[/highlight:1kfcfd7b]FO (fragrance oil) cats, pawprints and rectangles (these are tan colored)
[highlight=#ffffff:1kfcfd7b]White tea and thyme[/highlight:1kfcfd7b]FO scented cats, paws and rectangles (these are white)

PRICES:
Cat shaped bars are $4
large rectangular bars are $5
Medium rectangular bars are $4 (same as above only slightly thinner)
Round paw print bars are 1 for $2; or 2 for $4; or 3 for $5, and 4 for $6

** soap and bath/shower pouf mini cupcakes. $4 each
These are small yellow bath/shower poufs in a cupcake shaped mold of soap- they'll probably all be citrus scented as that is the favorite, or half citrus, half another scent. I'll post a photo soon.

** cellophane bags of scented soothing bath salts/foot soak approx wt 10 oz (with epsom salts and celtic sea salt with your choice of scent; I also have peppermint leaves I add for anyone who wants there's with peppermint :cheeky: Tea tree and peppermint and rosemary make a great soothing and refreshing foot soak) $3 each, can make at least 10 of these.

**limited number of 2 oz jars of gentle face and baby cream
$4 each
**8 oz pump bottles of satin and silk lotion (scented with your choice of fragrance) $8 each

L-R jar of cream, foot soak, lotion pump by catnapt, on Flickr

Napping cat and paw prints by catnapt, on Flickr

Orange Ginger by catnapt, on Flickr

Double mint by catnapt, on Flickr

For US orders, I'm shipping in medium flat rate boxes which are $12.35 - quite a bit will fit in these boxes, I don't anticipate any orders exceeding this size but if they do, I'll use the flat rate large boxes or if it's more economical, a box of my own.
Small orders of 3 soaps or less (4 paw prints will fit in the small flat rate box, or 3 cats or 3 rectangles. Shipping for small flat rate boxes is $5.80 Several samples can fit in with the soaps as well.

For Canada these will have to be weighed and the shipping estimated.

please note: THERE MUST BE AN ORDER OF AT LEAST 3 SOAPS PER SCENT FOR CUSTOM ORDERS TO BE MADE UP.
what this means is that you need to order 3 full size bars (3 paw prints=1 full size bar) in the same scent OR you need to wait til there are a total of at least 3 bars ordered in that same scent, before the soaps can be made.

these are the scent choices for custom orders.
Orange Ginger
Double Mint
Bamboo and Green Tea
Blue Lilac
Twice Spiced (blend of anise and clove)
Tropical Vacation (coconut/mango etc)
White Tea and Thyme
Breakfast Bars (maple/oatmeal/coffee)
Citrus Sunrise (lemony top notes)
Sparkling Pink Grapefruit (w/other citrus)
Sweet Bay and Rose
Lavender
:stickpoke:

got about 50 bars all made and ready to go!!! :dance:

Bear with me while I ask probably silly questions, but I've never been one to shop for soaps and lotions. So...what exactly is sating and silk lotions?

Back