Chronic URI?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

So my 14 month old girl has always been sneezy since the day I got her but I've pretty much had her on/off antibiotics since about 2 months ago.

Baytril has been her go-to. She seems to come good really quickly once she starts and I like to have her on it for at least 2 weeks at a time...but every time she comes off it, she's sneezing and grunting again within 10 days

Is this normal for URI? She was desexed by a special small animals vet 2-3 weeks ago & She's been great since. He recommended maybe trying liquid doxy?

How do u guys manage chronic URI? The vet also said he expected she should be able to go 3-6 months between having to be retreated but yeah it more like 2 weeks.

She seems very healthy otherwise. Super active and eating lots.

I would treat for longer than 2 weeks at a time with the baytril, and adding doxy in also might do the trick to cure this persistent respiratory infection.

Oh wow, okay I will make sure she's on them for a longer period of time for sure. Every vet has told me to have her on in until the symptoms go and then a week longer. But clearly that isn't working.
Thank you!!

Back