cat climbing tree ... is it safe?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Saw a cat climbing tree at Walmart tonight.
Thinking about getting it for the ratties ... tho I don't know about all that carpet!
BUT the box says that catnip has been applied to it.
Would this be dangerous?

I have given my boys catnip toys, as I would prefer that they be filled with catnip that nasty fluff stuffing, and they have never been repelled by it. They have mauled those toys to death.
That is the first time I have heard that.

Maybe they think that because catnip=cats, then rats will make the association that there is a cat in the house and be repelled. Seems kinda silly. My rats aren't repelled by catnip or cats! :lol:

Hubby and I made our own and the girlies loved it! They would climb and jump around and hang out in the big tubes or on top (which was their favorite spot). Unfortunately, they would pee on the carpet inside the tubes so soon it started to stink a little. I did clean it with "nature's miracle" but the smell never went away completely. After that I put pieces of fleece and blankets inside to protect the carpet.

DSCN4336.jpg

Jo, unfortunately they don't have their own room anymore :( They have their huge cage (which I leave open) and a play area (all surrounded by boards). The girls aren't hyper anymore and they are just fine with their cage and play area. In fact, they really like their cage. Sometimes I let them run around in the whole room (which is full of stuff at the moment) and when they are done exploring, they just go back into their cage.
If someone is interested for toy/play area ideas I could certainly post pictures of the former play room.

But Jo, you have an awesome play room too! I would love to see pictures of yours!

Back