Canadian Distributor of the CN-update on shipping

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome that there's a distributor here :) I agree with Jo, the double does not take up anymore floor space than the single. I have five in my double and I cannot imagine putting them in a single now, although I have had as many rats in much smaller cages before.

If you want to get an idea of what a double looks like with rats in it, you can always trek over to the east end and I'd be happy to show you mine :)

Spoke with the petshop. They have the double in stock and can order the single. But since you recommend the double and they confirmed that product measurements included the stand, I am back to buying a double. How exciting! I am really planning a stop at the Dollarama to get some new toys and hiding places... can't wait to see them explore their new home! :dance: I might wait a few weeks though, so I can introduce my Mac first and move them all in the new cage together.

Victoria, thanks for the invite! I made my decision and upcoming weekends are pretty booked, but I really wouldn't mind meeting your ratties and spying on your settings! :giggle: Maybe we can book something via email?

Gosh... I am soooo excited and worried at the same time that I will not be able to find room - I might have to change my computer desk that I love so much to fit the cage in - that would end-up being a VERY expensive cage. Gotta love my ratties! :D

I thought this might be an appropriate thread to mention, if you live in the Vancouver area, PJ's Pets in Richmond carries the Critter Nation.

I am also looking into buying a CN for my boys. The only problem is that I live in Canada, and it would be a bit of a pain in the butt to have it shipped here- or try to bring it across the border. I would really, really love it if there was a Canadian distributor that sold them for a reasonable price.

??? This is a Canadian based forum.
Flowertown Chinchilla, an animal supply store in Ontario sells them and will ship them to people.
Healthybird, a pet supply store near Moncton, NB has ordered in CNs for people and the cost was lower then at the pet stores .
The pet stores in NB also sell critter nation cages.

Oh, I did not know for sure if it was Canadian based. That's awesome :)
I'll have to look into Healthy Bird. I'm looking for the best deal, including shipping price, as money is a bit tight right now in my house.

I have to say the double CN shipped to me from Flowertown was $389. The double CN at Pets Unlimited was $399 plus tax. Much cheaper to have it shipped LOL I did end up getting a dobule FN on sale for $315 with tax though locally.

Most pets store will order one in for you, if you put a deposit on the cage when they place the order. Could that be an option?

Just thought I would mention, I called PJs Pets in Richmond today and apparently they dont see CN's there very often. arrrgh.

I just ordered my single CN. It was cheaper to order from the States. FTC wanted $277.33cad. I purchased it from allpetfurniture for $237.01usd, which is currently $225.99cad.

I have a friend that works at a supply store on the lower mainland of BC called Tisol. She says they get double CNs there, but not singles.

Is a double CN as wide as a super pet exotics cage?
Really torn about getting a CN or another exotic's cage for Jade and the two freaks I have disguised as rats heheheh!

A single is 24.5" H x 25" W x 36" D ... so a double is 59" H x 25" W x 36" D. That is the cage only dimension. If you include the stand, it is 63" tall.

It say's the exotic's cage is 30"L x 18" W x 30"H, wich is better? The exotic's or the double CN?
I'm starting my project "home cage", wich is basically a taller cage, I already have a exotic's cage...so the other would be installed ontop of the existing one.

I love the space they have in the exotic's and the level's so a single CN is out of the question.

Back