Canadian Distributor of the CN-update on shipping

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing yet but i should hear something in the next day or so. she sounded very eager to oblige though so i think it WILL happen if its just a matter of want on her side. i don't know the details of getting things for a store though. it might take some time. i'll update as soon as i know anything though.

just got an email from Jo of healthybird.net:
Hi Raven

In case you think I am ignoring you and not looking into the cages you asked about, I thought I’d better email and let you know I AM doing my homework! LOL

I have contacted the manufacturer who has put me in touch with suppliers and I am just waiting on pricing. They were “supposed” to have had them to me yesterday, but I am still waiting. Will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

JO

so she's looking into it seriously, just waiting on manufactuers for the next step. hopefully it will turn out well and we will finally have our canadian distributor! :thumbup:

righty-o! jo of healthybird.net will order in the CN161 and CN162. it is cheaper then getting across the border by ourselves, but unfortunately not TOO much cheaper. stupid duty and all that.

in anycase here's the pricing:
CN161 - $219.95 plus tax and shipping if they need to be shipped to customers

CN162 - $332.95 plus tax and shipping if they need to be shipped to customers

Let me know as I can order them any time and have right away, or so they tell me!

she is located in moncton so for some of the maritimers it will mean that we wouldn't have to have it shipped as we can go get ourselves. for the other canucks at least its not shipping all the way from the states and there is no money conversion to add to the price. it still may be cheaper then getting it elsewhere.

also, if there proves to be interest in rodent related products she said she would be interested in stocking other products such as harlen tekland or oxbow foods. as well as other things that we would request if she can get a hold of it. we may finally have our own rodent merchandise supplier!

Thanks twitch!!!
I now have something to ask for for my birthday!!!
Hopefully mom thinks I'm worth it!!!

Edit: If I get one from Petsmart it says it will be $345.46, that's to go to Kitchener.
Edit again: It would be $349.56 from HealthyBird.net to Kitchener.

I contacted Flower Town Chinchillas about them possibly carrying the cage for people in Ontario.
It might be cheaper from them as they have FNs for $305 incl. tax. I'll see what they say.

ah, so you are the other buyer! :p the supplier emailed me a few hours ago to tell me all was in order and waiting for me to come get it all and said of the 6 she brought in she only had 2 left. i knew i was picking up 3 (1 for myself, godmother's and SQ's) but was wondering who the other buyer was... i'm very happy you were able to get a CN for your babies! they and you are going to LOVE it!! :thumbup:

I talked to my local Pet Valu and she can order them and bring them in but it can take a month because it's not an item they keep in stock. Maybe if enough people do order from Pet Valu they will start to stock it at their main distributor.
I was quoted $299.99 for a CN.

twitch said:
ah, so you are the other buyer! :p the supplier emailed me a few hours ago to tell me all was in order and waiting for me to come get it all and said of the 6 she brought in she only had 2 left. i knew i was picking up 3 (1 for myself, godmother's and SQ's) but was wondering who the other buyer was... i'm very happy you were able to get a CN for your babies! they and you are going to LOVE it!! :thumbup:

the only thing that sucked was we had to send it to my uncles work.
the lady said that if we didnt send it to a business that we would have to pay $500 in shipping costs to get it to my door step.
other then that everything went well, im glad that i found this and didnt have to get it off of petsmart :p
im just waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.
you know how it goes ;)

the dr. and i had a nice road trip up to moncton's healthy bird the other day to pick up some stuff for her birds and i was told that jo, the owner, has found a new source for her shipping needs. meaning that shipping charges will be even lower now, so if you got a qoute from her before and was deterred by shipping charges, you should get another one now, it should be more reasonable.

Twitch, can I have her contact info so I can get another quote. My sister wants to buy two. We were going to buy through our Pet Valu but it would take at least 3 months.

Back