Canadian Distributor of the CN-update on shipping

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twitch

I will be going up to Healthybird on Thursday to discuss them possibly becoming a canadian distributor of midwest critter nation cages. They order cages for birds for resale, so perhaps they would be interested in doing the same for the coveted critter nation. However, I doubt they would want to do it if there wasn't any market for it. If I can see there being a demand for it, it would be LOADS cheaper to buy from a canadiin distributor then have it shipped across border plus exchange and border fees. So by show of postings, who would be interested in buying from a canadian distributor?

Depends on the price.
I am sure they would get lots of sales if they were able to bring them in at a good price ... the same as the distributors of FNs.

At the moment I am looking at ordering one and driving across the border at Saint Stephen/Calasis to pick it up. Ferret.com has 10% off on sales this week :thumbup:

:bow: I would LOVE to get a CN...they're so new that I can't find any on Kijiji and the shipping and border taxes are INSANE!!!

Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit.Iwantit!

Haha I would love a CN like you wouldn't believe.
As some people are already aware I would probably give up my right arm for one.

I just bought one online from Petsmart.. everything (cage, s/h, international fees) came to $412 Canadian! Ridiculous! So yes, if I ever need another one, I would be very interested!

I would be interested.... (I'm already planning some cross-border shopping to pick one up in the next month or two).

Stace

froxen said:
I just bought one online from Petsmart.. everything (cage, s/h, international fees) came to $412 Canadian! Ridiculous! So yes, if I ever need another one, I would be very interested!
:eek:mg:

i talked to the woman of healthybird.com and she is interested. she's looking into the details now and will be looking into becoming a supplier for harlen texland and oxbow food as well. she may also get other things in that we might like to have. she seemed very interested in supplying for our market. she already has many bird toys and treats that our rats would love. i brought home a few things that i am unsure of to test on my rats and will let you know about them once i've tried them out. but she does supply the edstrom water bottle in all sizes, has the soft rope perches for a more reasonable price then PU, many ladders as well as these things called jolly balls and other tear and chew toys that rats would love as well as a few interesting hammocks. so there is things there already that our rats would love and it all seems reasonably priced.

but like i said, she's looking into getting the Critter Nation and possibly Harlen Texland and Oxbow foods. i also mentioned that 30x40 fleece blankets might be something she could sell there as well as the dollar store seems to have stopped selling them. any other ideas that anyone would like to see to be able to purchase from a canadian supplier? maybe ferret tubes at a reasonable rate or would you rather just get the PVC piping? anything that anyone can suggest? a particular toy or food or something?

Since the critter nation cage is now selling for $$295.99 US (http://www.allpetfurniture.com/) or more ... over $400 seems about right when you add the difference in our money, HST, and the cost of shipping.
Even without the brokerage fees, I don't think it is going to be a great price anywhere. :(

SQ said:
Since the critter nation cage is now selling for $$295.99 US (http://www.allpetfurniture.com/) or more ... over $400 seems about right when you add the difference in our money, HST, and the cost of shipping.
Even without the brokerage fees, I don't think it is going to be a great price anywhere. :(

I ordered my CN online from Petsmart. I think the cage was only $238.99 US, but then I had to pay $75 US for shipping/handling to Canada and $31 US for international fees. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay anything else when it arrived!

Back