Can mites go away on their own? + Revolution dosage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaneliDesigns

Don't worry, I am not planning to ignore mites until they go away, LOL.
So I noticed Pres had some little dots on him that moved and I figured they had to be mites. I immediately bought him some kitten Revolution online, but it took a few days to come in the mail. But I looked at Pres today and I swear they're gone... is that possible??

I am still going to give both the ratties the Revolution to be safe, but I am not sure how much to give them. I am having some trouble with the search, so pardon my question that I'm sure has been answered many times!

If you actually saw moving buggies you were actually seeing lice as mites are microscopic. Treating even if you aren't sure is a good idea and won't hurt them.

AS for your wee ones, if you don't have a syringe and know their weights, just part the fur on the top of the head by an ear, and put a drop there on the skin. It absorbs through the skin much faster. Try to distract them for a minute or 2 from scratching or grooming but don't stress if they do. :) All done :D

Mites and lice will not go away on their own. In fact they get worse and worse and can be detrimental to your rat's health in the long run.

Yup, what they said - one drop of kitten strength Revo, and distract them until the medication has dried. Only one treatment is necessary because it lasts the length of the life cycle of the buggies.

Back