Can I stack Guinea cage on top of rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hayley

I have 3 girl ratties in a critter nation. I also have a male guinea. Hes currently on top of my dresser and he makes me nervous up there. He jumps around and squeaks so violently at night that im afraid hes going to knock his cage clean off the dresser lol. I want to put him on top of the critter nation as itd also be more convenient because all my pet supplies are on that lower shelf. However, i dont want to stress either group out. Would they be too thrown off by eachothers scents and stress them out? I wouldnt want them to feel like their space has been invaded.

I know this won’t necessarily answer your question, but Have you tried introducing him to a friend? You problably know, but just like rats guinea pigs are pretty social and a friend could maybe help him clam down, however if he is well astablished it might be too late...

1. Guinea pigs are social and need to live with at least one other guinea pig …. so he needs to live with at least one friend ... I hope you can get him at least one friend soon and do careful intros

2. Guinea pigs also require huge cages and living spaces ….. much larger then commercial cages which is why people make their own … see https://www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm or they use a large dog playpen set up in a room for a cage
If the guinea pig cage will fit on top of the CN cage, imo the cage is way too small for your guinea pig
I assume that he is out free ranging in a safe room most of the time?

3. Rats can not be mixed with other species, they are either predators or prey …. so make sure your rats have no access to your Guinea pig - not even through cage bars, because rats have killed other animals through cage bars

In answer to your question, yes, you probably can put the cage on top of the one section CN, as long as it is impossible for the rats to reach the guinea pig or for them to climb the critter nation cage, and yes, him jumping around etc might be stressful for the ratties

Last edited:
Back