Can I keep them in overnight?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

I just put the babies in with the adult boys. I let them introduce for a short time a few times already with no problems. They are all in the boys cleaned cage and I don't hear any fighting. Do you think it's ok to keep them in overnight?

:lol:

I wouldn't leave them unsupervised in the boys cage after just 10 min. It would be best if you can watch them for several hours before leaving them on their own.

I think I will just wait until they get big enough and socialize them with the boys daily. I'm so not ready for any more mods, lol.

LOL!! That's my issue right now too. I'm sooo waiting for them to get bigger before adding them to the FN.
But doing daily play dates is an excellent idea.

When your're ready to do the first overniter are you close? If they're not in the bedroom could you sleep close to them? Even if it means a sleeping bag on the floor?
That would kind of make everything safe and ease your mind too.
Good thing with ratties is that they are usually going to sort things out at night being nocturnal so if the night goes ok you can have hopes for the day, right? But no guarantees... better have a vet fund saved if you intend to do intros.... :?
Sorry, not being negative, just being inexperienced. and scared raisin-less.

I find that my boys generally love new babies as I add them to the "mix" LOL! Then again I will also admit I am blessed with such laid back squishes who seem to LOVE everyone they meet. With each new addition to the cage, the uncles ahve been patient, kind and dont do to much pushing around with them at first. Its only later I hear baby squeaks as someone gets his feelings hurt :lol: . I have not had any problems with intros so far...*knocks on wood*

Good luck with the intros. Playdates do sound like a wonderful idea. Gives the youngins a chance to socialize with the big guys and the older fellas a chance to get to know the babies.

Back