Can anyone open their home to a rabbit?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleSparrow

Rattie loves
:( Hi everyone, I know this is might not be the right place to post such a thing - but we have taken in a friends rabbit and have offered to help them find a new home for him. We have had Buddy for about a month, but have recently been told that his original owners are now not able to take him back. We already have our rat babies and 11 year old dog, and are not able to take on another permanent animal at this time - due to our immigration journey. I have posted an ad on Craigslist (https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4316637848/grqn3) for him, but have decided to look beyond and see if one of you lovely people (or know someone) here were looking for a new pet.

Thank you for putting up with my posting, we just want to find this lovely guy a new home. <3
Feel free to send me a private message if you want to talk more about him as well.

We are located in Michigan and are able to drive to some surrounding cities (near us).

I'm sorry I can't help, it's hard to find good homes for bunnies :( Is he neutered?

If you're concerned about potentially crossing the border with him, there should be no issue as pet rodents and rabbits can cross the border without restriction.

Unfortunately he is still intact. Well, we are more concerned about our constant traveling plans. As of right now, we are unsure if we will be staying in the States or Canada, or being back and forth. We have limited space in our vehicle and since we have to drive over 2,000 miles every time we make the trip, we will be flying most times and unfortunately we won't be able to take all of the animals with us each visit. The rats and dog are no problem, but adding another pet at the moment is just going to complicate things. It's really unfortunate since he's such a great little guy. :( My husband really doesn't want to get rid of him either. If we can't find an absolutely great home for him, we may try to see what we can do - but I do feel like he would do best in a place where we know he has a permanent, loving home.

Back