Calling all vegan members!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Petunia and the others, so do not ever get discouraged. Just a SINGLE person eliminating animal foods from their diet does help in so many ways. It is like a pebble hitting a pond...the ripples spread out, people ask you about it, others become influenced, and even a casual friend who decides to start eliminating some of their meat meals every week is a contribution. It is one less dollar going to the meat and dairy industries and it does have a cascade effect.

Remember the saying....When someone asks a vegan how they can possibly make a difference by being vegan, the best reply is, "I make a difference three times a day...breakfast, lunch and dinner. " :D And that is a heck of a lot more difference to the animals than what the meat eater is doing to help.

It's all good. My husband and I have only been vegan for 4 months and already, friends and family have asked questions and some of them have even decided to at least eliminate some of their animal products. We recommended the movie "Forks over Knives" to a couple we know and they were so blown away, they are now into their second month as vegetarians, and trying to get dairy out of their lives for good and transition to vegan. :joy:

Forks Over Knives is an excellent revealing documentary. Everybody should watch it and if you continue to eat meat after that, then shame on you for contributing to the deterioration of your health, to harming the environment and being part of the mass torture and slaughter of such innocent sentient beings.

Back