Cage Types: Please give me your input!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they didn't like it. Even Lily doesn't like it. They like their blankets. But then one day we found they had put the bedding in there from the bottom. They are just so silly.

so guess what?!?!

I was at bingo tonight, and won, for the first time, 3 times, each time I was the only winner on each of my games, most of the other games had more than one winner, so total $175 towards my RUUDs :happydance:

MiniFrog said:
so guess what?!?!

I was at bingo tonight, and won, for the first time, 3 times, each time I was the only winner on each of my games, most of the other games had more than one winner, so total $175 towards my RUUDs :happydance:
Woo-hoo!!

So I was thinking, I know the measurements on the cage are 30 x 18, but are the doors on the 30 side or 18 side? (I cannot tell from the picture) Also, roughly how many rats does one hold? (I cannot remember where I saw that calculator link)

The door is on the 30" side. If we are talking about the r695, the calculator says 5 rats but I wouldn't put more than 4. If we are talking about the RUDD, I believe it can hold 9 rats.

Ok so I have 2 questions, the 6% taxes are not on shipping, correct? And can anyone from near me tell me about the customs/duties? In the e-mail I goot they said they don't pay those, so how much roughly am I looking at for those?

And one more note, yay hopefull I should be able to order it next Thursday, as long as taxes don't take all my holiday/overtime pay :lol: :roll:

There is no duty on martins cages because they are made in the US.

But you will be charged NS sales tax on the cost (PST & GST or HST, whatever you pay in NS when you purchase items.)
I don't know about NS but NB charges the tax on the shipping as well as the cost of the cage.

Linda, you were ripped off if that is the case because according to the trade agreement, there is no duty on items manufactured in the US.

There is duty on items purchased in the US if they were not made in the US.

I received a bill for the HST and provincial tax and a bill from customs for duty ($80.00!). That playpen cost me a lot more than I had originally planned for ($260.00).

I asked my husband, and he said that he had duties on something from the US once too, I guess they pick things randomly to charge duties on :?

So I am looking at:

x1.06
+75.95
x1.14
$322.22

????

When my R-695 was delivered I had to pay $30 when I picked it up at the post office, on top of what I had paypal'd to Martins.

What about just getting two R-695s?

Yup I totally understand. :)

I was just thinking 2 699s = $600ish whereas two 695s = $400ish.

Unless you are going to completely fill the cages I would save myself the couple hundred dollars.

Back