cage! - FINALLY HERE!!!_ PICS added

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for the long wait tonight, but making liners is a bugger! i don't know what possessed me into thinking i could make my own this time, i couldn't do it for the cat cage, there was no reason to believe i could do it for the CN. but i did get a set made in the end, just under 3 metres of fabric later... but it doesn't look too bad i guess. but i will be saving up for a javakittie set ASAP that's for sure!

anyway, pictures! :D

this is the condition of the box when it arrived. kevin only took pictures of the top half for some reason, but the damage is pretty equal at the bottom half as well.
Picture086.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture088.jpg

the pictures don't do the damage to the box justice, it really was a wonder that there wasn't any damage to the cage itself.

just the liners and toys (and 11 rats but you can't see many of them)
Picture105.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

with hammocks (though admittedly i couldn't figure out many places to put them with a whole side that needs to be able to open and toys and ladders in the way the other way...)
Picture108.jpg

Picture109.jpg

whole cage with doors open (they can come off just like the FN, but i didn't notice until i started writing this up... :doh: )
Picture110.jpg

whole cage doors closed (i had to stand on my couch to get these shots... :p )
Picture111.jpg

so the cage is looking great, my living room is a disaster area though... but frankly i don't have the energy to clean it today...

ok, what's in the CN includes:
1 chinchilla cooler (the slab of stone-thingy)
2 hanging small hamster balls
1 castle hut
1 chinchilla flower duster broken in half - bottom in the top half of CN, top in bottom half of CN
2 straight tubes
3 corner tubes
1 tri-hole tube
1 medium puzzle hut
1 hanging flower pot
2 cat jingle balls
1 hard rubber dog chew
1 javakittie chew toy
1 broken in half ferret tube ball-one half in each half of the cage
1 fish thingy
2 litter boxes
1 water dish (their water bottle and the spare water bottle decided to break on me today... i'll be replacing them when the stores are open again)
1 food dish (their old food dish will not attach properly to this cage, will be replacing with new model when the stores are open again)
1 large javakittie cuddle cup
2 small javakittie standard hammocks
1 medium javakittie standard hammock
1 large javakittie pocket hammock
1 small javakittie hanging tube
lots of scrap fabric for blankets and to line toys
11 rats

to come: silent spinner. its to go in the open space in the top level above the opening to the bottom level. the wire mesh one i have won't fit the way i want it to and kevin owes me a silent spinner for the one he broke anyway.

not in CN that was in cat cage: 2 huts, 1 hanging basket, 2 straight tubes and the mesh wheel

in the CN that was not in the cat cage: tri-opened tube, 2 corner tubes, fish-thingy

it is VERY nice to be free of that horrid mesh. this cage looks so much cleaner and open simply because of the lack of mesh as both cages had similar floor space. its also really nice to be able to hook things easily underneath the levels. i also LOVE the lack of snaps needed to lay the liners down. though i'm sure there is an easier way of putting the liners on the half levels, a way that doesn't require me to take the level down to attach the liner. not a huge fan of the ladders yet, but i guess we'll see how that goes when i have to clean the cage again. all in all i am very pleased with this cage.

and for those that may be curious on who is where now:
rats in the CN:
Ink, Tasche, Chancey, Romar, Wagner, Scritter, Elphaba, Altana, Neve, Ellesmera & Kayi

rats in the martins R-695 (aka the geri-cage stage 1)
Magi, Chop Suey, Serraphim & Eyes (aka the geris)

rats in the hagen my first home (aka the nursery, aka the hospital cage)
Hazel

Oh wow!! Fabulous cage!! May I ask what kind of dog food you feed at the moment? Thank you!

I'm planning on getting a CN soon! I hopw it will look as fab as yours!

president's choice, nutrition one, lamb and rice formula is the dog food i'm using. about 5 years ago it was the best that i could find. mind you since then i'm sure new and better formulas have been made, i've just been lax in doing the research to find the best in my area and budget.

they tend to get fat with it once they get over 2, but i' m not sure how much of that is age or how much of that is the diet alone. its probably a combination of the them both. otherwise though they stay at a decent weight with it, not too thin not too fat and have good coats and poops. but its not the only thing i feed them. they get a breakfast of some fruits and veggies and a supper of the good things that we have for ourselves that night (i'll make a bit extra just for them), if we don't make anything or have something they shouldn't have i normally make them some pasta or a rice-veggies dish for their supper. the kibble is only there as a staple. i also try to offer as much variety as i can with their fruits and veggies so try not to give them the same thing as much as i can. this is how i discovered honeydew melon and my excuse to have kiwis in the house :D if i didn't have the rats i don;t think i would be able to have nearly as many fruits and veggies in the house without wasting most of it. i'm the only one in the family that likes it. though the kid is getting better about trying new foods and i'm even slowly convincing the BF that natural non-deep fried food is actual food too

twitch said:
they tend to get fat with it once they get over 2, but i' m not sure how much of that is age or how much of that is the diet alone. its probably a combination of the them both. otherwise though they stay at a decent weight with it, not too thin not too fat and have good coats and poops. but its not the only thing i feed them. they get a breakfast of some fruits and veggies and a supper of the good things that we have for ourselves that night (i'll make a bit extra just for them), if we don't make anything or have something they shouldn't have i normally make them some pasta or a rice-veggies dish for their supper. the kibble is only there as a staple. i also try to offer as much variety as i can with their fruits and veggies so try not to give them the same thing as much as i can. this is how i discovered honeydew melon and my excuse to have kiwis in the house :D if i didn't have the rats i don;t think i would be able to have nearly as many fruits and veggies in the house without wasting most of it. i'm the only one in the family that likes it. though the kid is getting better about trying new foods and i'm even slowly convincing the BF that natural non-deep fried food is actual food too

lol! Thank you. You cage looks awesome!

not that i am aware. but i have been told by at least one store that they do plan to bring it in and can place an order for you. you'll need to call around and ask to talk to the managers about it.

Back