Cage Company located in Canada :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kscanuck785

I came across this cage company, located in Barrie Ontario, Canada.

I've never dealt with them so I can't give feedback.
I do see some Canadian members looking for cages/Canadian company so they don't have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping so I figured I'd share.

they offer customizing too, so might be an interesting option.

http://sunnymeadowscages.com/sacages.html

I did not see if it was offered or not, but I know a lot of ppl with galvanized cages just paint them using rustoleum or similar spray paint. It gives you endless option of colors :)

I had very similar cages to that when I got rats and it sucked... it was such a pain to get clean (awkward doors, smelled like pee) and when I did it would start smelling again within a short period of time. They (I had two) were decent cages for the rats- had levels, easy to hang hammocks, etc. - but I strongly advice against anyone getting a galvanized cage because of the effort required to keep it clean.

that applies to Martin's cages as well, galvanized is not the way to go for a rat cage.

many people painted their galvanized ones with success and kept them for years afterwards.

kscanuck785 said:
I did not see if it was offered or not, but I know a lot of ppl with galvanized cages just paint them using rustoleum or similar spray paint. It gives you endless option of colors :)

I'm not sure I would trust that in case the ratties decided to chew on the bars.

well, it's no different than painting bass pans that are in the ferret nations/critter nation...
as long as non toxic paint is used of course.

I wouldn't paint bass pans either. Even powder coating comes off so I can only image how easy it would be for the rats to chew off the paint and non-toxic or not it still can't be good for them.

edited for spelling

I do not have personal experience with painting a cage or BASS pans, all I know is everybody who gets the BASS pans for their Midwest cages paints them because they come galvanized.

Back