c&c cage for rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanscritters

i love building new c&c cages, and experimenting new designs for my pigs. i saw some people using them for rats. my girls are smaller, still growing, and i was wondering if rats can squeeze through small places easily? they don't look like they could get through it, at all. i know mice can, but ive never seen my rats make it through any small spaces, or even try. i could line it with like mesh wire? but i'd rather not. i have a huge design made up, consisting of about 5 levels, its going to be huge. i really want to do it, but like i said i dont want to line it with mesh. the grids for c&c cages are 14 in X 14 in, and the inner squares are 1 in. do you think they would be okay?

If you get the grids with the bigger holes, then yes, rats can get through it.

Svencomingoutofcccage.jpg

But there are the ones with smaller holes and I bet you could make a great cage out of those.

okay thanks :)

im pretty sure my rats arnt going to be able to get through, so im going to go pick up some more grids tonight and try it, their in my room, the door is always shut and no escape routes haha, so if they get out they should be fine, plus ill be around.

It's certainly worth a try. 1" x 1" will be big enough for many rats to get out of, especially girls... but not all will. If your current kids stay put in their cage that's no guarantee that future ratties will!!

yeah and if they can escape, ill just line it with mesh or whatever. but i love, love, love c&c cages, cheap, and you can build them as big as you want.

Back