Quantcast

Bugs

Help Support Rat Shack Forum:

Pandora

It seems I can't get a break when it comes to bugs on my animals. . . . . . . . I just found little red mites on all four of my boys.... I rubbed them down with coconut oil to soothe the itching and hopefully kill off some of the mites... Is there other natural remedies for them?

If I have to buy a medicine I will but I would rather try to treat it naturally.... They've been doing so well since i separated mochi (the aggressor)

I didn't think mites would ever be an issue, i dont use bedding I use newpapers and fleece.

Dena

Those are most likely lice. You can't really see the mites. Salemectin/revolution for kittens or cats is the easier way to go.

Pandora

Those are most likely lice. You can't really see the mites. Salemectin/revolution for kittens or cats is the easier way to go.
I looked up what the lice look like and you are right it is lice...

Pandora

In the U.S. you'll be able to order from Pets Megastore in AUS. How many rats do you have?

Most of these pictures are from before I had to separate mochi (black hooded)

Cookie (dumbo rex)
Garbanzo Bean (agouti)
Cheesesteak (tan dumbo)

Attachments

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
1 tube of kitten/puppy will be fine for 4 rats. You get 3 tubes in a box.

Pandora

1 tube of kitten/puppy will be fine for 4 rats. You get 3 tubes in a box.

Sweet thank you!! Ill order it within the week. I hate seeing my boys suffer.... I wonder if thats why bean it a bit more spastic than usual... I would be too if my body was super itchy

Latest posts