Buggies? Barbering? Allergy?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Silver and Sqeeks are being treated for mites in QT, maybe us humans transferred the little buggers to the Whitecoats. I'm just thankful they are away from my three colonies.

Dewi is not getting better. He's getting a biopsy done tomorrow. Wish us luck.

dewihasabobo.jpg

poor little baby boy :( I really hope you can figure out what it is before it causes too much damage :shock: Feel better little Dewi :kisses:

Dewi has one stitch by his ear. But he's playing like nothing happened. I should get the results in about a week. Thanks for asking.

Hm... kinda sorta. It's hard to tell. She had them all over her shoulders, jaw line, and near the base of her tail. She didn't have any by her ears or chin/neck area, I don't think. Though, it could always be the same thing, just in different locations :/ Peri's skin issue/disease progressed very slowly - starting out with mite-like scabs, then small abrasions, and finally lesions.

Though, I have to admit... the one wound on his cheek is very reminiscent of the some of the ones Peri had :(

The results are in and it's barbering. Vet said to separate the bros. I did prefer barbering to anything worse. It will be so hard on them though.

Those boys are going to go into a depression if they are separated. I'm still not sure of that diagnosis though. Much better than cancer, that's for sure.

SoA, do you know how they determined allergy for your Peri? What exactly does the biopsy reveal when it's an allergic reaction?

Back