Breeding - one wife, two husbonds

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bati

I have this super-boy but he didn't make the girl pregnant, so now the girl is comming back. Putting her with two boys at the same time I know is no good, but if I put her with boy no 1 first, then nothing happens and I want to put her with boy number 2, how many days in between? I want to know who's the father of a possible litter, but would sure like not to wait 3 weeks between boy 1 and boy 2 (boy 1 is 27 months old, boy 2 is 18 months old, so that's kind of why I'd like to try the old one first)

Check to see if your girl is in heat, put her with old manrat. Wait at least over night, then wait four to five days for her to go back in heat, if she does, then put her with boyrat #2.

The problem is we don't see when she is in heat - it is only very week ear-movement (hopefully that doesn't mean she is the 'problem')

She doesn't do the little jumps, the arch of the back when you touch her back there? If not... she may very well be the problem.

Bati said:
The problem is we don't see when she is in heat - it is only very week ear-movement (hopefully that doesn't mean she is the 'problem')

Sounds like you are going to have to check her nether regions every night then :)

A female in heat always has a wide open vagina and sometimes it is bluish as well. Very obvious even if she shows no other signs.

Back