The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durian

hey all! hoping this is the correct spot to put this. i was hoping to get some opinions/thoughts/advice/any input really on this situation bc i'm very much confused and worried.

so about 2 months ago i noticed my rambunctious 1.5 y/o girl Kim was having little drops of blood coming out at random times when she peed. luckily everything else was normal so not an emergency; no behaviour changes, no diet changes etc. after a few appointments (including an ultrasound) i took her in for a spay 8 days ago. the vet said she had a large tumour on the right side of her uterus. (note: eight months ago she also had a tumour removed, this one was on her left hind leg.) the vet said that the surgery went well, and i took her home that night. Kim's real intense with her self-grooming, so i monitored her all night in her own carrier for fear that she'd rip the wound open and bleed out or something. i did keep noticing little spots of blood in her pee still, but wasn't too concerned as i imagined this might've just been in her bladder from before the spay? dunno. a day later in the evening, she did actually pull the wound back open while i wasn't looking. no bleeding thankfully. i sent photos to + called the vet in panic but they reassured me that since there was no bleeding from the site, and she's acting pretty normal, it was probably fine to wait til morning as long as i kept everything as clean as possible. next morning i noticed that she started to sneeze :< the vet examined her, got her on some doxy and enro for both the respiratory symptoms and as a precaution for the wound. point is she's still having a bit of blood in her pee though....is this cause for concern? i'm taking her back in for another check-up on the wound in two days and am definitely going to bring this up w/ the vet, but like i mentioned earlier i would really appreciate any takes anybody has about this. maybe it's a bladder/urethra infection or something? maybe it's just from the trauma of the uterus being removed?

I do also worry about the outlook long-term; i'm guessing it's not a great sign she's had two tumours in eight months? :,< gosh my poor sweetheart. Kim has two sisters from the same litter, Benny and Paya, one of whom (Benny) i had spayed about 4 months ago due to vaginal bleeding. should I get Paya spayed too before it's too late?

anyways....thanks folks hehe, sorry about the poor writing quality, i'm kinda frazzled rn.

Back