Bleeding from penis for over a week (RIP, thread left up for reference)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untempered

Hi all, I posted earlier this week, but unfortunately still am not having luck with this. about 1.5 weeks ago, Yoshi started leaving smatterings of blood everywhere and he let me look quickly enough to see it was coming from his penis. He was on Baytril and Doxy for a suspected URI, which then Lasix and enalapril got added for suspected CHF. This was after an xray. The Vet told me she saw no stones on the xray and figured it was some kind of irritation. He's continued with the smathering of blood all week, regardless of the antibiotics. Tonight I noticed his penis was a bit out of the sheath (but looked fairly healthy). I tried to help him slip it back in and it wouldn't go all the way back in. :( The doctor is giving me a different antibiotic tomorrow, but that's all she had for me. Has anyone seen this before and know what it is?
Here are some of the (not so gorgeous) pics of the last 1.5 weeks of bedding:

Puddle he left one time :( (over a week ago, not seen anything like this since)
Here's one of the best I can get of how it looks under him:

Does anyone know what this is? I'll get other antibiotics tomorrow, but I'm really hoping someone can help :(

Maybe try to message lilspaz68 and see if she can look at this. Hopefully it's just maybe kidney infection. She can tell you the right antibiotics to use and dosages. Good luck! Hope your baby gets better soon!

Thanks for your well wishes <3 Unfortunately, he was PTS today after a CT scan at the Vet's today. He had lost use of his left lung and his right was only at 25% capacity :( He also appeared to have a chest mass. They think it was perforin due to the stress. :(

Back