Biting problem ??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasisandbambi

Please can someone tell me how to freaking stop my rat from biting me???? When she first came home she was super aggressive and would bite me every time Id get my hand near the cage and it would draw a lot of blood, but I could stop her from doing that after 3 weeks or so of being with me and now she's super sweet. BUT I cant let her near my face or my feet. One day she even bite my cheek really REALLY close to my eye. She almost ripped of one of my ears, and she bites my feet all the time. She even bite my boob once :) it freaking hurt :) please help??? Does anyone know how to stop this??

Oh God, the boob bite is honestly the worst!:confused:

I’ve only ever had such biting problems with my boy who came from a rough background and after some discussion with my vet we got him neutered and the biting stopped. If letting out a high pitched screech doesn’t stop her and she’s not seeming to be getting better with the biting you may want to go down my route. Plus it also reduces the chance of mammary tumours.:)

xox

Oh God, the boob bite is honestly the worst!:confused:

I’ve only ever had such biting problems with my boy who came from a rough background and after some discussion with my vet we got him neutered and the biting stopped. If letting out a high pitched screech doesn’t stop her and she’s not seeming to be getting better with the biting you may want to go down my route. Plus it also reduces the chance of mammary tumours.:)

xox
I would love to get her spayed, cuz of the mammary tumours but im not sure the vets here are qualified to do so. So I dont think ill be doing that. Shes not aggressive overall, she just likes to bite nipples and ears I guess lmao. She used to bite my hands real freakimg hard and draw blood but we worked on that and she doesn't do it anymore c:

Back