Ben and Basil

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL... Junior and Piggy? Those are cute names!!! I can understand that a child would have a problem with rat nails. I can tell you... I have more accidental scratches than I care to count!!!! Lord, I wonder what my colleagues think! :D

I would also have been snookered by any sad little "snake food faces"! The poor little things. :( Considering the fact that little Junior is sick, getting the new rats may have been the best thing you could have done. Piggy won't have it as hard if anything happens to his brother. I can tell you that Ben spent a couple of lonely and unhappy weeks. It broke my heart.

It is very relieving to have Basil's company now, I can tell you! When Ben wants to play with Basil, he will chomp on his tail and then run away. Basil rarely needs any second invitation and retaliates by either power-grooming Ben or biting him in the butt-cheeks. :D!!!

They often have these little play fits. Yesterday I laughed myself silly because Ben was chasing his own tail. He turned in two, complete, circles and then bounced out of sight. I had a fit of giggles and couldn't stop. I swear it was probably one of the funniest things I have seen to date!

I couldn't resist collecting Ben from the cage and covering his little head with kisses. I then put him down and watched him bounce off to find Basil. (His lordship was more interested in hoarding the INNOVA dog food bits into his little hiding area than he was in playing with us. ;)!!!)

I've heard about the zip ties. I will probably get them too, just in case one of my rings starts looking a little worn. :)

I was so careful when I put the cage together! I have put many a piece of IKEA furniture together so I am WELL experienced in putting things together backwards!!! HAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!!

Since I was using the rings that Martin's Cages provided, I knew that I couldn't make any mistakes! Knock on wood... I did it right! It took me 5 hours but I didn't care!!! :D

Thanks Fidget, it is really hard to lose a loved one but I guess he was needed upstairs. I know I did everything I could for him (vet bills exceeded $700 and I still had to kiss goodbye to my little treasure.)

My picture of Basil is underneath my name on the left. Let me know if it isn't showing up.

Hey Jen!!! it's me... Jen! LOL!!!!

Thanks for sharing this site! I tried joining the other rat website and I did receive a notification of receipt but they have yet to activate my account.

Their loss if they decide to ignore people. :)

mamarat2 said:
Other site? :info: Did I post another site up on Small Angels for people to get to that wasn't the right link? Hmm...

You didn't post the other site mamarat. It was the site where people were complaining that they had been banned from the site for no reason.

Back