Bedding question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karelkees

hi guys,

hope you can give me some advice on bedding.
i cannot get everything around here, so these are the options i have.
at the moment i use back to nature in the toilets. have been thinking about using it on the whole gace floor, but it seems uncomfortable for them.

1.I can buy Aubiose (hemp bedding for horses) over here, but it feels sharp and hard. not sure if it is comfortable for them:
2.I can buy Plospan shavings, should be dustfree and are heat treated, very soft for them. waht about odor control and safety (pine?) Where comfort starts - Plospan
3.Another option is something like cotton bedding, it is soft, but it comes with a smell. should be dustfree, but i have seen some dust in it.
don't know about odor control and obsorbant? https://www.drdknaagdierwinkel.nl/en/jo ... smell.html

4.Carefresh? seems soft, but i have read that it isn't dust free and has a smell to it.

if plospan is ok and safe to use, i would love to use it. what do you think about these options? I don't want to order online,and this is what i can buy over here in the stores.

My bedding is mostly Carefresh with some fleece thrown in for nesting and comfort.!

I switched totally to fleece, in the beginning, I wasn't sure but I am amazed at how little odor and how it stays clean longer. I clean once a week, every other week I replace the fleece (baby blankets I get for $1 in Dollar Tree), meaning, one weekend I clean and reuse the same fleece, and the other week I replace the fleece, that means I replace the fleece twice a month and I clean 4 times a month, I spend $$ in fleece twice a month, not bad (I have a large 2 story Critter Nation cage, if it was a smaller cage, it'd be less), I am very happy with its safety and practicality

Back