Baytril in Canada?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawnQiBawls

Hello, I currently have 12 rats under my care and I want to get Baytril to have on hand. Where can I purchase it in Canada or have delivered to Canada? Also, how do I mix it and get the flavours like the vet does? Thank you very much!

Did someone already answer your question? If not, feel free to dm me as might be able to help.
Thank you, I've found partial answers ha ha. I have some on order, it's 10% oral solution. To my understanding, that means 100mg/mL? I read people saying to dilute and others saying not to. When I look at what my vet prescribes, it's 50mg/mL. I haven't found how to dilute properly, but I want to say 1 part solution to 1 part liquids? Then there's the amount they get.... I'm unsure of that formula as some use lbs and some use kg, but same formula! Would you prefer I still DM for those questions? I ask mostly because for future reference for others as well :)

Sorry this was missed. If you dilute 1 ml of 10% baytril (or Enro) with 3 ml of fluid (suggest a sweet syrup to cover the taste) you would get 25 mg/ml solution. Depending on the weights of your rat(s) you would give 10-15 mg/kg twice a day

Sorry this was missed. If you dilute 1 ml of 10% baytril (or Enro) with 3 ml of fluid (suggest a sweet syrup to cover the taste) you would get 25 mg/ml solution. Depending on the weights of your rat(s) you would give 10-15 mg/kg twice a day
Thank you and no worries! Still waiting on the meds ha ha. I ask ahead of time so I'm ready for when I need it :)

Just curious where you ended up being able to order it for Canada?
Simple answer, you can't. However, I ordered from the states. Jedds.com, it takes a long time though. I ordered November 11th and it just got to the border Friday. Now who knows how long it'll take to process and someone mentioned in another forum that there's a chance it'll not be allowed to cross. I really hope that's not the case, rescues and breeders I know have been using them a while and I don't think have had issues.

Back